Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 08-09-2016, 12:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

MMI is on, but no sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem this evening. Audi A6 C7 with phone prep in the arm rest.
In my case, a gum wrapper had shorted across the exposed pins in the armrest. Quick shuffle around and back in business! !
Old 10-13-2016, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got this problems 3 times since last August which I bought the car. Haven't tried resetting the MMI when the problem comes back.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I had this problem in 2010 Q5

My Audi with B&O audio was suffering from intermittent sound with increasing frequency. I replaced my battery with on OEM equivalent AGM battery and the problem stopped. In retrospect, I am pretty sure that when the sound would drop out was following stops while running errands, but not every time.

Dealer had advised an amp replacement @ $2100 US.

I speculate the system voltage was dropping down with starts and not recovering fast enough before intermediate stops as the battery was slow charging and suffering from lower cycle capacity. Thus lower input voltage to the amp causing the drop outs.

My battery was the factory original AGM battery with a 2/2010 date. Over seven years is darn good.
The following users liked this post:
Captain Blood (12-12-2022)
Old 04-11-2019, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default MMI Bluetooth video sound problems

Hi Has anyone experience a problem with the bluetooth audio player?? I have a 2015 a3 premium, and every time I try to play a video from instragram, snapchat, or videos from my iphone 8, it won't play the sound at all, but at the same time when I play music that does work. If I play music and I keep it on, only then I am able to listen to the sounds of videos of Snap Chat and Instagram, but since I have the music in the background I can't hear anything really. The sound from videos of my gallery will not play regardless :/ I need some help!!!
Old 11-01-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default This worked for me!

Originally Posted by OmarK_UK
Had the same problem this evening. Audi A6 C7 with phone prep in the arm rest.
In my case, a gum wrapper had shorted across the exposed pins in the armrest. Quick shuffle around and back in business! !
Im borrowing my buddy’s D3 because I lost my B8 Avant about 2 months ago. Anyways, I’ve been fight this problem for 2 days. I Rubbed the contacts clean with my finger and hit the little ***** like I hang up the car phone and BOOM! Radio back on instantly! Thanks brotha!
Old 03-17-2020, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default No sound on the MMI at all!

I have a 2008 Audi S5 and I live in Alaska, I just got my car out of the shop and the sound mysteriously stopped working. The MMI is on and I can use the interface but there’s literally no sound not even static. Anyone know a possible fix??
Old 06-14-2020, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mr Powers
I have a 2008 Audi S5 and I live in Alaska, I just got my car out of the shop and the sound mysteriously stopped working. The MMI is on and I can use the interface but there’s literally no sound not even static. Anyone know a possible fix??
I have the same car and the same problem, I'm still looking to get it fixed. Have you found a fix?
Old 04-18-2021, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2011 Q5 MMI, No Sound

Hey there... I have a 2011 Q5, 126,000 miles. This morning, the sound for the MMI would not work regardless of what I tried. No sound for radio, phone, CD, NAV... NOTHIN' ! I tried the three button reset, but no change. I tried turning off Bluetooth, thinking that maybe the auto mute from a phone call or Waze might somehow be engaged (as it intermittently operates properly... or not), all to no avail.

FINALLY, I resorted to opening the fuse box in the luggage compartment, removing and reinserting the E3 and E4 fuses (DSP Amplifier and MMI) and everything is now back working perfectly. Maybe after 10 years of vibrations they just needed a little wiggle to re-seat and start working again.

Good luck, your mileage may vary ! ;-)
Vitalik23 (08-11-2022)
Old 08-30-2021, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by eltook
Hi all,

Since friday, this weird thing happen twice. First time, I was coming home from work. Stopped at gas station, when I came back in the car, MMI turned on but no sound from speakers. I tried everything... Turned on/off couple of times, looked in settings trying to find something, changed sources... But nothing worked. Next morning, I started the car, everything was fine, like if nothing happened the day before. I tought it was one of those weird thing that happen once... But no. After a stop at the grocery store, it did the same today

This happen with one of you? Someone know or can explain the source of this problem? I have an S3 with B&O.

Thanks
hey i am having same issue on my audi a4 3.2lt Sline 2009 b&o audio
i tried resetting mmi but no luck..😞
Old 09-03-2021, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hello, i have a issue on my audi a3 8v MMI is on and no music. have tryed to update the MMi system and restart MMI but nothing work.s i have disconnected tha car battery. plis help.
luque4me (12-06-2021)

Quick Reply: MMI is on, but no sound