Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Nardo Grey vs Ara Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nardo Grey vs Ara Blue

Which one do you think fits best on the RS3 Sportback?

THx!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is a very personal question of taste. To me hands down would go to ara blue. ... I think I would only see nardo grey on my concrete garage
floor. Again just my preference.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ValBoo
This is a very personal question of taste. To me hands down would go to ara blue. ... I think I would only see nardo grey on my concrete garage
floor. Again just my preference.
I'm with you, ValBoo. Ara blue is so much more interesting than nardo grey. I get comments all the time of my ara blue TT.
Some of the greys look really good but personally, I'm tired of the greys.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pninja005

THx!

Glacier White

XDDDDDDDDD
Old 10-09-2017, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THx!
As you can quickly see from the poll I conducted earlier, the answer is ... IT DEPENDS! The split was almost exactly 50% vs 50% (who led depended on when you looked at the thread). We had a very recent vote that put Nardo up by 1 but it's basically a very personal choice. I'm pretty sure you can figure out which way I went.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...arity-2932687/
Old 10-10-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you very much for that link! I'm actually surprised so many people ordered these 2 colors.

Seeing the sedan makes me wonder if I don't prefer it over the SB... hmmm... (note my current DD is a black S3 SB).
Old 10-10-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you very much for that link! I'm actually surprised so many people ordered these 2 colors.

Seeing the sedan makes me wonder if I don't prefer it over the SB... hmmm... (note my current DD is a black S3 SB).
I thought "BlackAce" said it best within that thread re: the popularity of those two particular colors: " Nardo is free plus an RS-only color, so I knew it'd be a runaway victor. For anyone who doesn't like cement or primer, those people almost always like Audi blues. Sepang was the #1 S3 color, so if Nardo hadn't been there Ara would be #1."
Old 10-10-2017, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just picked up my Ara blue RS3, and the color is even better than I could have hoped for. It is amazingly complex in differing light - I am still waiting to see it in bright sun. Lots of people love Nardo too, but Ara with alu-optic is amazing to my eye.

Originally Posted by russbert
I thought "BlackAce" said it best within that thread re: the popularity of those two particular colors: " Nardo is free plus an RS-only color, so I knew it'd be a runaway victor. For anyone who doesn't like cement or primer, those people almost always like Audi blues. Sepang was the #1 S3 color, so if Nardo hadn't been there Ara would be #1."
Old 10-10-2017, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tophalope
Just picked up my Ara blue RS3, and the color is even better than I could have hoped for. It is amazingly complex in differing light - I am still waiting to see it in bright sun. Lots of people love Nardo too, but Ara with alu-optic is amazing to my eye.
In bright sunlight is when you REALLY see the Crystal Blue effect. My wife and I were simply amazed by how much the color popped! I loved your pictures BTW.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi all,

I've been lurking around this forum ever since I booked my RS3 Sportback few months back. Here's my Ara blue RS3 SB, about to take delivery of it this coming Saturday, ignore the cheesy ribbon which my sales teased me with..

I'm based in Australia and we have the option of choosing the blade wheels with SB option, so here it is, i know it'll cop a number of flak from ppl here..

Quick Reply: Nardo Grey vs Ara Blue