Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Clearmounts Installation video!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 06:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RS3 Clearmounts Installation video!

Old 08-25-2017, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already ordered one of these units, as they appear to be well made. If I could add a suggestion, given the apparent quality of the product itself, it seems to me if you're going to post a video like this, the video should also reflect better quality than this one does. For example, make sure the camera is close to what you're trying to show (removing vents) so it is helpful, and keep the camera close enough to pick up the dialogue. That would be appreciated more than the music track. The clip reflected a very amateur quality of production.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by keninblaine
I have already ordered one of these units, as they appear to be well made. If I could add a suggestion, given the apparent quality of the product itself, it seems to me if you're going to post a video like this, the video should also reflect better quality than this one does. For example, make sure the camera is close to what you're trying to show (removing vents) so it is helpful, and keep the camera close enough to pick up the dialogue. That would be appreciated more than the music track. The clip reflected a very amateur quality of production.
Thank you for your comment. I do appreciate your feedback, however on my site we have professional production videos of the Clearmounts. This video was done as on the fly install with my iPhone
Old 08-25-2017, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since my iPhone 6S' battery is crapping out in a big way, I'm planning on replacing it with a iPhone 8 ASAP. While the magnetic part / swivel should work fine, will the holder work with it as well that you provide on the 2018 RS3? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by russbert
Since my iPhone 6S' battery is crapping out in a big way, I'm planning on replacing it with a iPhone 8 ASAP. While the magnetic part / swivel should work fine, will the holder work with it as well that you provide on the 2018 RS3? Thanks in advance.
I haven't seen the iPhone 8 yet but I don't see why it would not work. iPhone 6 & 7 regular and plus size work with all my mounts. I hope I was able to answer your question.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What happened to the non-black versions of the mounts? Didn't you sell a CF, siliver, and other colors? I could not find it on your web site. So i went ahead with oredering the black one just now.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GreenDice
What happened to the non-black versions of the mounts? Didn't you sell a CF, siliver, and other colors? I could not find it on your web site. So i went ahead with oredering the black one just now.

Thanks.
Yes, we only manufacture in black powder coated aluminum. We used to offer other colors, but they were a limited production with low demand. Everyone likes the black as it blends in OEM style! As far as the carbon fiber wrap, due to extra installation cost it was just to costly to do.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clearmounts
I haven't seen the iPhone 8 yet but I don't see why it would not work. iPhone 6 & 7 regular and plus size work with all my mounts. I hope I was able to answer your question.
Yes, thanks.