Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default RS3 Delivery times

Just ordered a 2018 RS3 last week.. Catalunya Red with Dynamic Package #1 from Audi Burlingame. Pretty good experience. They mentioned a possible delivery time of September. Is anyone hearing September or another month?

Thanks
Ken
Old 04-24-2017, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ETA on my allocated order is 8/2-8/30. Some guy on FB is getting his in a couple weeks, but I think it's a 2017 launch edition car. The earliest I heard of anyone having a delivery date for a 2018 is July.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt is right, July is the earliest 2018. August is likely for most orders going on right now. My guess is your dealer is saying September to allow for any unforeseen delays.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I contacted my dealership yesterday and just like others I was told that we are still on schedule for August delivery.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

I talked to my dealer yesterday and they insist that orders for the 2018 model can't be placed yet so I'm still waiting for them to take my official order. But I know I'm getting one because they are getting 4 cars, and I gave them a deposit for the 3rd one. They are also saying around July/August. They also said they were allocated one 2017 model and that should be here in a month or so, but it's already sold.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bipedcreature
I talked to my dealer yesterday and they insist that orders for the 2018 model can't be placed yet so I'm still waiting for them to take my official order. But I know I'm getting one because they are getting 4 cars, and I gave them a deposit for the 3rd one. They are also saying around July/August. They also said they were allocated one 2017 model and that should be here in a month or so, but it's already sold.
Biped:

Quick question - do you know whether or not your dealer is an Audi Sport Dealer?

I'm working with my local dealer who is NOT Magna Society nor an Audi Sport dealer and having a hard time getting anything out of them. They have no idea if or when they are getting any allocations or pricing and will not accept a deposit from me at this time. What I'm trying to figure out, without alienating them, is whether or not I need to bail on them and seek out an Audi Sport dealership (I've got two that are within 60 miles of me). Do anyone out there have any factual information about allocations and whether or not Audi USA plays favorites? In other words, do non-Audi Sport dealerships get the "short end" of the stick when it comes to RS allocations?

I really like this local dealer, having leased two different Audi models from them over the years. Their sales and service departments are really good so I really want to order from them, but at the same time don't want to lose a 2018 allocation. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

My dealer is both Magna Society and Audi Sport. I read last week from someone on this forum that Magna Society gets more allocations and may receive them sooner. From what my dealer said, only Audi Sport dealerships are getting the 2017 models (they were allocated one).
Old 04-25-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

I have one Black/ Black 2017 expected to arrive in June and a 2018 Ara Blue/ Black/Red expected in July/ August.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TDIII
Biped:

Quick question - do you know whether or not your dealer is an Audi Sport Dealer?

I'm working with my local dealer who is NOT Magna Society nor an Audi Sport dealer and having a hard time getting anything out of them. They have no idea if or when they are getting any allocations or pricing and will not accept a deposit from me at this time. What I'm trying to figure out, without alienating them, is whether or not I need to bail on them and seek out an Audi Sport dealership (I've got two that are within 60 miles of me). Do anyone out there have any factual information about allocations and whether or not Audi USA plays favorites? In other words, do non-Audi Sport dealerships get the "short end" of the stick when it comes to RS allocations?

I really like this local dealer, having leased two different Audi models from them over the years. Their sales and service departments are really good so I really want to order from them, but at the same time don't want to lose a 2018 allocation. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!
I was/am in the same boat.... the dealer I put a deposit down with last August has released no info, no allocation.

I called a dealer that is an audi sport/magna and they allowed me to place an order..... smh
Old 04-25-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback.. looking like Sept is about right.. Hope I can hold on ...:-)

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times