Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Homelink?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS3 Homelink?

Is Homelink, or some equivalent, available with the RS3? I would guess not, as I see no mention of it.

Thanks.

--Charlie
Old 08-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not as a factory option
Old 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CharlieL
Is Homelink, or some equivalent, available with the RS3? I would guess not, as I see no mention of it.

Thanks.

--Charlie
Absolutely! However it looks something like this: :-D

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Chamberlai...1Kv1TlF9LL.jpg
Old 08-13-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered this model yesterday. Will advise after I get it if it works with both my garage door opener and my neighborhood security gate. My understanding is that there isn't space in the RS3 overhead console for both active lane assist camera/hardware and homelink hardware.

Amazon Amazon
Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This has been somewhat of an issue for facelift 8V vehicles.

The latest I have found is that if you have the upgraded camera in the higher line trims of Audi Pre-sense (Prestige S3 and RS3) there is no room in the headliner for the Homelink transceiver. The lower trim variants of the 8V have it (Premium Plus S3). I learned this the hard way as I test drove a PP which had it and assumed my Prestige trim would to as well. My car does not have it and the dealer did not help in getting it installed for me (port installed only).

I would imagine it is on your RS3 order sheet that needs to be checked.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by marttimat
This has been somewhat of an issue for facelift 8V vehicles.

The latest I have found is that if you have the upgraded camera in the higher line trims of Audi Pre-sense (Prestige S3 and RS3) there is no room in the headliner for the Homelink transceiver. The lower trim variants of the 8V have it (Premium Plus S3). I learned this the hard way as I test drove a PP which had it and assumed my Prestige trim would to as well. My car does not have it and the dealer did not help in getting it installed for me (port installed only).

I would imagine it is on your RS3 order sheet that needs to be checked.
It is not an option (yet) for the RS3.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keninblaine
It is not an option (yet) for the RS3.
Correct. It would be on the dealer's build sheet for the car (not Audi's website).

Just like with "Resonator Delete Sound Enhance" option. It is not listed anywhere with Audi on their site but when you order a car it is on the custom order build sheet as a port installed option.

My guess is Homelink would be on this sheet that you need to tick the box (~$359MSRP). If not, then they have not fixed the clearance issue.

I did read a thread here of someone who retrofitted the transceiver. I think it mentioned having the connector in the wiring harness and only the switch pack needing to be plugged in for operation.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

My WHY EVO remote opener, referenced in post 4 above, arrived in the mail today. So far I've been unable to get it to learn from my 2 other remotes. Anyone tried one of these and been successful in programming it?
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keninblaine
My WHY EVO remote opener, referenced in post 4 above, arrived in the mail today. So far I've been unable to get it to learn from my 2 other remotes. Anyone tried one of these and been successful in programming it? https://www.amazon.com/EVO-Universal...ge+door+remote
Are your garage doors the rolling code type? If so, you still need to pair the WHY EVO with the garage door via the garage motor learn button.

I was able to program a Liftmaster and 2 Genie doors with it fine.

Once it is programmed correctly, you can get it to open the garage door with a simple short click of the button on WHY EVO. You don't need to hold down the button like on homelink.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Morbo66
Are your garage doors the rolling code type? If so, you still need to pair the WHY EVO with the garage door via the garage motor learn button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SMY4izO204

I was able to program a Liftmaster and 2 Genie doors with it fine.

Once it is programmed correctly, you can get it to open the garage door with a simple short click of the button on WHY EVO. You don't need to hold down the button like on homelink.
The first step is holding button 1 and pressing button 2 four times to start the slow blinking, after which you hold the button for the training remote and hopefully see the blinking increase in speed when it is accepted. I was able to get the first step done with my gate control remote (which doesn't have rolling codes), but it doesn't work for the Genie remote for my garage door. So I haven't yet addressed the second step for training it for the rolling code. BTW, deep into the horrible instructions it says that Genie openers require you to use button 4 only. Is this what you did?

Quick Reply: RS3 Homelink?