Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 with Magnetic ride but NOT with black optics

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default S3 with Magnetic ride but NOT with black optics

Am I the only one? I really do not like the wheels which come with the Magnetic Ride containing package, and I would rather not have the black optics package. Has anyone found out if you can order the S3 with the magnetic ride without the cosmetic changes? An S car should have Silver mirrors (I know they are plastic but hey, it's an S car).

Mike
Old 12-11-2015, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. The magnetic ride is available in the base 19" Performance Package ($1,500). You can get that instead of the Black Options Performance Package ($2,000).

See the configurator.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was going to answer the same way as Sir Scott, but what think the OP is actually implying is, he doesn't like the wheels that come with that 19" Performance Package. Are you asking if you can get the stock 18" wheels and add the magnetic ride to it? Why don't you just get the performance package, sell the wheels, and buy some that you like?

AFAIK, you cannot get mag ride without the performance or BO package
Old 12-11-2015, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right you need to upgrade to either of the 19in packages to get magnetic ride.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I didn't like the wheels that come with black optics package at first but it has grown on me quite bit. the wheels look better in person than the picture does.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a totally different wheel in person.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dr.Aronis
Am I the only one? I really do not like the wheels which come with the Magnetic Ride containing package, and I would rather not have the black optics package. Has anyone found out if you can order the S3 with the magnetic ride without the cosmetic changes? An S car should have Silver mirrors (I know they are plastic but hey, it's an S car).

Mike

I skipped on the Black Optics Pkg. Didn't like the wheels either. Just select the Perf. Package.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just took delivery of my 2016 S3 last night. Sepang with Black Optics. Audi's website really turned me off to the black optics wheels. It represents them like they're mostly black with polished "spokes". In fact, it's not even close to that. After I saw some "real life" pics, they looked a hundred times better. Now that I've seen them in person, they're 1000 times better looking. I like the look of the Perf. Package wheels as well, but try to see the BO wheels in person if you can. They're gorgeous.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redwing497
I just took delivery of my 2016 S3 last night. Sepang with Black Optics. Audi's website really turned me off to the black optics wheels. It represents them like they're mostly black with polished "spokes". In fact, it's not even close to that. After I saw some "real life" pics, they looked a hundred times better. Now that I've seen them in person, they're 1000 times better looking. I like the look of the Perf. Package wheels as well, but try to see the BO wheels in person if you can. They're gorgeous.
I agree, just wanted mag ride and black optics. I figured that I would change the wheels. When I saw the car in person I fell in love with the wheels. They have what I would call a titanium finish. I think either 19" wheel looks great.
From what I have seen in Europe and Australia black optics comes with silver mirrors. I thought that I would miss those but now I like the body colored mirrors.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redwing497
So......how about sharing with some pictures?

Quick Reply: S3 with Magnetic ride but NOT with black optics