Need help identify wires of hood latch or impact sensor

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help identify wires of hood latch or impact sensor

Hello everyone please help me identify these wires been cut off on the passenger side.

are these 2 wires for the hood latche connector, what about the impact sensor

And what are these 4 wires for?

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,739 Posts

What are the 4th-10th characters of the VIN?
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SMac770
What are the 4th-10th characters of the VIN?
Hello, here is the full vin

WAUENCF54KA010441
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ENC, not ZZZ - so this is a NAR (US/Canada) spec vehicle, not a RoW (non-US/Canada) spec vehicle
F5 - so this is a B9 A5, not a B8 A5, a critical specification considering the question; note, the actual B9 A5 subforum is https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...cabrio-b9-220/
K - so this is a MY19, so this is a B9.0 A5, but specifically a MY19 (which has the J949 ConBoxLow, etc).

US MY19 A5, so the ENC means Sportback Premium Plus, 248bhp 2.0T CYMC engine, without rear side airbags. So a US MY19 A5 Sportback 45 Premium Plus. Now that we know what we're actually working with, we can know which wiring diagrams to look at, and what applications are relevant to your actual vehicle. (you can clarify your vehicle in your signature, click on your name drop down and then edit signature)

First pic, that's the horn which the cable is hanging from? violet/red on 1, brown on 2? It would have been easier to just list the colors than us having to wonder what we're looking at. The yellow there, is that yellow/violet? And the brown, is that brown/blue? That would be the G17 outside temp sensor most likely. https://www.ilcats.ru/audi/?function...45&language=en So you see it is mounted in front of the right end of the crash bar or grill louvers. Appears the sensor rev is now B: 8Z0820535B. No idea what the harness connector plug would be; Audi stopped usefully documenting such details after B8.0.

Second pic, the red and violet could be the G284 "Passenger Side Front Airbag Crash Sensor". That would be right there at the right end of the lock carrier. But no idea on the yellow and brown. Are they "just yellow" and "just brown"? There appear to be other possibly related wires in the bundle?
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

ENC, not ZZZ - so this is a NAR (US/Canada) spec vehicle, not a RoW (non-US/Canada) spec vehicle
F5 - so this is a B9 A5, not a B8 A5, a critical specification considering the question; note, the actual B9 A5 subforum is https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...cabrio-b9-220/
K - so this is a MY19, so this is a B9.0 A5, but specifically a MY19 (which has the J949 ConBoxLow, etc).

US MY19 A5, so the ENC means Sportback Premium Plus, 248bhp 2.0T CYMC engine, without rear side airbags. So a US MY19 A5 Sportback 45 Premium Plus. Now that we know what we're actually working with, we can know which wiring diagrams to look at, and what applications are relevant to your actual vehicle. (you can clarify your vehicle in your signature, click on your name drop down and then edit signature)

First pic, that's the horn which the cable is hanging from? violet/red on 1, brown on 2? It would have been easier to just list the colors than us having to wonder what we're looking at. The yellow there, is that yellow/violet? And the brown, is that brown/blue? That would be the G17 outside temp sensor most likely. https://www.ilcats.ru/audi/?function...45&language=en So you see it is mounted in front of the right end of the crash bar or grill louvers. Appears the sensor rev is now B: 8Z0820535B. No idea what the harness connector plug would be; Audi stopped usefully documenting such details after B8.0.

Second pic, the red and violet could be the G284 "Passenger Side Front Airbag Crash Sensor". That would be right there at the right end of the lock carrier. But no idea on the yellow and brown. Are they "just yellow" and "just brown"? There appear to be other possibly related wires in the bundle?

Yes the first pic is the connector violet/red on 1, brown on 2 is from the honk. I was forgot about that outside temperature.

The second pic is wires are yellow, brown then purple and red are twisted together. I trace all the way up on the top ai do not see any wires hanging out or been cut
So would that purple and red are for the impact crash sensor, then the yellow and brown is for the hood latch?

Here is the picture from the left side of the hood latch and the airbag impact sensor

on the leftside the airbag impact sensor are brown, white/red wires
the hood latch are brown and green/red wires
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, there does seem to be two hood contact switches on the B9. Something different compared to the B8 I own. So instead of the one center lock/latch unit, the B9 appear to have a lock/latch unit at each front corner, with the release handle still in the middle. It's demonstrated at this point in this video: youtu.be/PYmOIm2yXZ4?t=71

The wires to the F266 left lock should be green/red on 1 and brown on 2. Then the wires to the F329 right lock should be yellow on 1 and brown on 2. The F266 grounds to the front left longitudinal member (the long bar that runs front/rear in the engine bay on the left), and the F329 grounds to the front right longitudinal member. The active wires go back to the J519.

The lock/latch unit is 8W0823509C, the harness plug wired to the unit is 8D0973822. At least the catalog bothered to document that. But again, doesn't specify the actual connector for the harness wires. But courtesy of the Internet, it appears to be 1J0973722, such as https://www.aliexpress.us/item/4000329028394.html and https://www.3waycomponents.co.uk/pro...2-8d0-973-822/
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes, there does seem to be two hood contact switches on the B9. Something different compared to the B8 I own. So instead of the one center lock/latch unit, the B9 appear to have a lock/latch unit at each front corner, with the release handle still in the middle. It's demonstrated at this point in this video: youtu.be/PYmOIm2yXZ4?t=71

The wires to the F266 left lock should be green/red on 1 and brown on 2. Then the wires to the F329 right lock should be yellow on 1 and brown on 2. The F266 grounds to the front left longitudinal member (the long bar that runs front/rear in the engine bay on the left), and the F329 grounds to the front right longitudinal member. The active wires go back to the J519.

The lock/latch unit is 8W0823509C, the harness plug wired to the unit is 8D0973822. At least the catalog bothered to document that. But again, doesn't specify the actual connector for the harness wires. But courtesy of the Internet, it appears to be 1J0973722, such as https://www.aliexpress.us/item/4000329028394.html and https://www.3waycomponents.co.uk/pro...2-8d0-973-822/

Thank you very much, you are the mvp. I will order the parts and see if the codes will clear. Hope you have a wonderful weekend