Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 2018 model year and up

Audi US Customer Service - Worst I’ve Ever Seen

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VorsprungVA
I'm in a similar situation as you. I've noticed that my text messages and calendar are no longer available in the MMI. Remote start stopped working. I'm following this thread in hopes it gets fixed.
No luck here yet.
Old 07-23-2024, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So guys let me ask, as I am new to Audi. I just got a '24 A5 Premium Plus with black optics (not that this matters to my issue &#128521 and when I went into Nav, it says I am not subscribed. The dealer says "well CarPlay is better but you can try through the App and Audi Connect" (crappy response), but I am confused having never had Audis before. When I go to the website, it shows the Nav option, but does not say where I can subscribe.

Is this the issue you're all talking about? While I know the maps are more up to date, I am not in love with the CarPlay GUI...it looks very "bubbly" to me.

Sorry for the noob question, but I am kinda lost. ;-)
Old 07-25-2024, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JimLL
So guys let me ask, as I am new to Audi. I just got a '24 A5 Premium Plus with black optics (not that this matters to my issue &#128521 and when I went into Nav, it says I am not subscribed. The dealer says "well CarPlay is better but you can try through the App and Audi Connect" (crappy response), but I am confused having never had Audis before. When I go to the website, it shows the Nav option, but does not say where I can subscribe.

Is this the issue you're all talking about? While I know the maps are more up to date, I am not in love with the CarPlay GUI...it looks very "bubbly" to me.

Sorry for the noob question, but I am kinda lost. ;-)
Don't be sorry. We all have different levels of understanding. Nav is in an outage for '24 vehicles, as I understand it. This outage has been going on for months.

As for your dealer, that shows you right there the level of trust in these issues being fixed any time soon. If the dealer is selling you on CarPlay, I mean... LOL
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Well, it’s all working perfectly now (almost) on my 2024 A3. Option to resubscribe to enhanced navigation showed up about 10 days ago. I signed up for a year subscription and it’s been working perfectly ever since then love the virtual cockpit,
Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tccox
Well, it’s all working perfectly now (almost) on my 2024 A3. Option to resubscribe to enhanced navigation showed up about 10 days ago. I signed up for a year subscription and it’s been working perfectly ever since then love the virtual cockpit,
Awesome!! I got an email, also. However, my vehicle has still not been fixed. They are looking into it.
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tccox
You have built in NAV and are just subscribing to the $10/month enhanced nav pkg right? I think some of the people here don't have built in NAV at all and are trying to subscribe to the full nav package to enable NAV at all. I'm personally working perfectly fine right now, but I have built in NAV and am still on a trial for the enhanced nav pkg.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mashani9
You have built in NAV and are just subscribing to the $10/month enhanced nav pkg right? I think some of the people here don't have built in NAV at all and are trying to subscribe to the full nav package to enable NAV at all. I'm personally working perfectly fine right now, but I have built in NAV and am still on a trial for the enhanced nav pkg.
No. I bought my 2024 A3 without the tech package , no enhanced navigation or virtual cockpit, or built in navigation aside from CarPlay Tried the 30 day enhanced nav package (also includes virtual cockpit) and decided to subscribe to the one year subscription. (Net cost $66 per month)But option was not available to me in MyAudi marketplace. Took Audi a couple of weeks to resolve issue but all is well now.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm glad that's working for you, hopefully it will sort itself out for the others soon.
The following users liked this post:
Smokey_Bear (Yesterday)