Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 2018 model year and up

RS5 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
My light came on after 402 miles. It has been a disaster from day one. Cylinder one misfire. it's been in the shop 4 times for the same issue. If you are getting the error light I would encourage you to take it in for documentation purposes.
Audi buy back time
Old 07-29-2019, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I did take it to the dealer last Friday morning and told them I wanted it fixed. They are supposed to be working with Audi to figure out what is wrong. Hopefully I'll know something this week. I did bring it to them to have a record of how many times this is an issue because if it continues I will pursue the lemon law option.

Steve
Old 07-29-2019, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
Audi buy back time
Exactly.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Update on my car. It is a 2019 RS5 that I bought at the end of February of this year. It has been at the dealership for the past week because the check engine light came on for the second time. The dealership and Audi don't know why the check engine light keeps coming on and Audi has no fix for it. The dealership, Audi North Houston - Sewell, filed paperwork with Audi asking them to buy back the car. Audi came back this morning with some ridiculous buy back offer that would have left me with almost a $30,000 lose. Of course I told them that wasn't going to work and told them I would purse filing a lemon law case.

Sewell called me back this afternoon and Sewell, not Audi, is going to make it right with me. Sewell is going to cover the difference between Audi's ridiculous offer and the offer that Sewell came back with. Sewell's offer I think is very fair to cover the mileage that I put on the car.

Before all of this happened, I couldn't say enough good things about the Sewell dealerships. Their customer service is the best and I honestly don't know how they could improve it anymore. Now that this has happened, I feel even stronger about the dealership. They really do take care of their customers. It is the reason why we have bought our last four cars from them, Correction, make that the last five cars. I pick up my new RS5 tomorrow morning.
The following 4 users liked this post by sducotey:
davjo68 (08-03-2019), georgeg02 (08-06-2019), heymoe (08-03-2019), JD15 (08-06-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by sducotey
Update on my car. It is a 2019 RS5 that I bought at the end of February of this year. It has been at the dealership for the past week because the check engine light came on for the second time. The dealership and Audi don't know why the check engine light keeps coming on and Audi has no fix for it. The dealership, Audi North Houston - Sewell, filed paperwork with Audi asking them to buy back the car. Audi came back this morning with some ridiculous buy back offer that would have left me with almost a $30,000 lose. Of course I told them that wasn't going to work and told them I would purse filing a lemon law case.

Sewell called me back this afternoon and Sewell, not Audi, is going to make it right with me. Sewell is going to cover the difference between Audi's ridiculous offer and the offer that Sewell came back with. Sewell's offer I think is very fair to cover the mileage that I put on the car.

Before all of this happened, I couldn't say enough good things about the Sewell dealerships. Their customer service is the best and I honestly don't know how they could improve it anymore. Now that this has happened, I feel even stronger about the dealership. They really do take care of their customers. It is the reason why we have bought our last four cars from them, Correction, make that the last five cars. I pick up my new RS5 tomorrow morning.
Very glad this worked out for you. I’ve always kind of mocked Sewell and some arrogant commercials they’ve run, here in Dallas, but I think I just may give them a chance, when I need to buy the wife her next Q5 next year.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my last two cars from Audi North Houston/Sewell and have been dealing with them for over 5 years. No issues with them and the service and customer relations are far superior to what I experienced with BMW. I have a 2019 RS5 Sportback and no issues so far with about 4.5 k miles.

Last edited by georgeg02; 08-07-2019 at 03:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 553 Likes on 372 Posts

Good that Sewell took care of you. I'm going to be taking my car there for a Gateway module service campaign update in a few weeks.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My check engine light came on last month at ~ 1000 miles on my 2018 RS5. Dealer updated the software and no recurrence yet. I believe there is another post on this site that describes the same situation, only the dealer in that case also replaced some other components in addition to the software update. Unfortunately, I am not able to locate that post.

Edit: check out this thread - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...2946832/page9/

Last edited by DFWRS5; 08-07-2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: provided additional info
Old 09-09-2020, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS5 MIL

I have 2014 RS 5 cabrio - bought used 2 years ago - had 24k miles, now 36k miles. The MIL came on 2 or 3 days ago. Car is running fine and no other problems with car (other than no spare tire - which sucks). I read in owners manual that it’s possibly a catalytic converters problem. For now, I’ll keep driving a see if car has any performance/driving issues. Anyone else have a catalytic converters issue?
Old 09-09-2020, 09:31 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,222 Likes on 1,412 Posts

B8 A5 / S5 / RS5 Owners Model years 2009 - 2017

The thread listed above is where you might find the information you need — This is the B9 thread.

— John

Quick Reply: RS5 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)