Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 2018 model year and up

USA: Has anyone been able to activate the blue headlight laser on their 2024 Audi?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I seriously doubt that any state (or Commonwealth) would even know that the Matrix features are active. I currently live in Florida (the Wild, Wild West with regulations AND enforcement) and we have not had any type of vehicle inspections since the ‘80’s. I lived in Charlottesville for ten years, when I would get my inspection done, it was done fairly quickly. I doubt the tech even checks for non-NHTSA sanctioned features. Do the headlights turn on and do the turn indictators work properly is all they are inspecting.

Look at your last inspection receipt and see what they are looking for now. I also recall that inspections were often done at local garages (Ma and Pa establishments) I doubt they care and also, if you go regularly to a respective location, you have built up a relationship with them. This is all to say, I don’t think it will be an issue in a state where the your car’s Matrix feature is activated.

Good question though.
The following users liked this post:
Wolverine1 (Yesterday)