Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Check Tire Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Tire Pressure

So the Check tire pressure came on in the car about two days ago and since has not turned off. I have taken it and checked the pressure in all four tires and adjusted accordingly. Adding air as required, 33 psi front and 32 back. However, the light still stays on. My questions is once you adjust the pressure do you need to reset the setting? or do you think I need to call the dealer and have them look at it? Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check the spare in the trunk, which also has a sensor. Assuming all the tires are properly inflated, reset the TPMS setting in the MMI, which should take care of things. If this doesn't solve it then may you have a problem.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Go into your car settings on your tech, and go to tire pressure setting. Once you set your new tire pressures there it will turn off. I just had the same issue this week. Good luck
Old 09-30-2009, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xphstos
So the Check tire pressure came on in the car about two days ago and since has not turned off. I have taken it and checked the pressure in all four tires and adjusted accordingly. Adding air as required, 33 psi front and 32 back. However, the light still stays on. My questions is once you adjust the pressure do you need to reset the setting? or do you think I need to call the dealer and have them look at it? Any insight would be appreciated.
Once you ensure the tires are at the correct pressure, you need to go into the Car menu > Tire option (can't remember the exact verbiage) and click "Store Current Tire Pressures"
This will reset and turn off the warning light.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This confused me too initially. Also it would be nice to see the actual tire pressures for each wheel via the MMI. Does anyone know if this technology exists in other vehicles?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
This confused me too initially. Also it would be nice to see the actual tire pressures for each wheel via the MMI. Does anyone know if this technology exists in other vehicles?
Other systems do allow you to see individual tire pressures.
Pity that the Audi MMI (USA version, not sure about other countries) does not.

With the ambient air getting cooler in the US, you will be seeing the tire pressure warning if you don't adjust tire pressures for the weather. And as mentioned, the warning stays on until you reset the system under the CAR category of MMI.

Last edited by ~pino~; 09-30-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ~pino~
Other systems do allow you to see
With the ambient air getting cooler in the US, you will be seeing the tire pressure warning if you don't adjust for the weather. And as mentioned, the warning stays on until you reset the system under the CAR category of MMI.
Ran into this warning recently on a cold night.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the quick responses. I will reset the setting tonight once I get in the car.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ~pino~
Other systems do allow you to see individual tire pressures.
Pity that the Audi MMI (USA version, not sure about other countries) does not.

With the ambient air getting cooler in the US, you will be seeing the tire pressure warning if you don't adjust tire pressures for the weather. And as mentioned, the warning stays on until you reset the system under the CAR category of MMI.

This system doesn't actually read the pressures; it detects changes in the wheel speed via the ABS system to detect a pressure change. It's advantageous when it comes to changing tires and such, but is disadvantageous as it doesn't show the exact pressure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pr...itoring_system

See the Indirect Tire Pressure entry
Old 09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

HoustonA5 - the '09 A5 (and S5) use direct tire pressure monitoring, not indirect.

Quick Reply: Check Tire Pressure