Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2011 Brilliant Black S5 Titanium Just Arrived!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto...I have 19" Dunlop winter sport, and they are excellent
Old 12-09-2010, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful!

Could you please tell me if your doors/center console got the piano-black or brushed aluminum inlays (or neither)? Maybe a picture or two if you have the time? The one Ti package I've seen had brushed aluminum on the console and doors, but others have said the console gets piano-black like the SS package I've ordered. Dealer told me they have seen the waffle-stamped aluminum too, weird. Just wondering ...

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=E10sbn;24072473]Lol...I'll be keepin' these rims too I'm putting all-season tires on the forgestars for when I take the car up north in the snow.QUOTE]

Beautiful car. Congrats.

If you're going with a separate setup for Winter, get dedicated snows. All-season tires don't do anything well. And I don't think Cal-Trans will let you on the snow covered roads with all-season tires, unless you have chains. And I wouldn't want to put chains on an S5.

Last edited by a5sport; 12-10-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cknoebel
I've been looking at tirerack.com for winter wheels. Too much snow in upstate NY for the 19s. You've got the right idea. Check out that site, seems to be considerably more economical for a 3 month wheel than buying them from Audi. BTW, been showing off your car because I know now what's coming, hopefully for Christmas!! Beautiful car.
Audi want about USD$2,600.00 for snows & wheels for the A/S5. Got my 17" setup from the Tire Rack for around USD$1,800.00.
Blizzak WS-70s on OZ Racing Ultraleggera wheels.

Wanted 17s for added sidewall protection against potholes...which NY State has PLENTY.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by E10sbn
Lol...I'll be keepin' these rims too I'm putting all-season tires on the forgestars for when I take the car up north in the snow. I love these rims that are on it now too, but I wanted two sets of wheels for this car.
Why bother with "no seasons" , I mean all seasons? Why not get Snows? Doesnt really make sense.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here it is after 2 months of waiting
Just need to lower it, add Forgestars and tint....for now
Looks amazing. Need to cover those silver mirrors and debadge all but grill. Sweet.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol...I'll be keepin' these rims too I'm putting all-season tires on the forgestars for when I take the car up north in the snow. I love these rims that are on it now too, but I wanted two sets of wheels for this car.
Oh good, that's a relief. The 2010 A5 accessory book showed the "hollow spoke" rims available in an 18" and I was so into them. It was a misprint. The rims that came on my car are nice but a pain to clean and don't look as sporty as something else would. I really don't want to upsize to 19". Cleveland roads are terrible.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i never saw the need for such an intense winter set up in NYC. there are some pretty good all seasons out there. Then again, upstate is a whole different animal.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KT88
Congrats! Beautiful!

Could you please tell me if your doors/center console got the piano-black or brushed aluminum inlays (or neither)? Maybe a picture or two if you have the time? The one Ti package I've seen had brushed aluminum on the console and doors, but others have said the console gets piano-black like the SS package I've ordered. Dealer told me they have seen the waffle-stamped aluminum too, weird. Just wondering ...

Thanks!
Mine are Carbon Fiber inlays....the S5 Titanium comes stock with Piano black, but you can still change them to custom inlays.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=a5sport;24073174]
Lol...I'll be keepin' these rims too I'm putting all-season tires on the forgestars for when I take the car up north in the snow.QUOTE]

Beautiful car. Congrats.

If you're going with a separate setup for Winter, get dedicated snows. All-season tires don't do anything well. And I don't think Cal-Trans will let you on the snow covered roads with all-season tires, unless you have chains. And I wouldn't want to put chains on an S5.
Understood...but the truth is, my time in the snow will be limited and the Continental EC DWS I plan to get are inexpensive and should do just fine for the type of conditions I'll see in Cali.

Quick Reply: 2011 Brilliant Black S5 Titanium Just Arrived!!