Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2011 S5 Cab is Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JGA5Cab
Why didn't I like that pop when everyone else does? that turned me off of the S5. I am glad I didn't get it because my A5 is so surefooted and pretty peppy. I can't keep it within legal limits. The S5 would have me walking due to a suspended license.

Congrats on the new car!!
Personal preference, I suppose. Some people like the sound of the rear mounted aftermarket turbos for Camaros and Corvettes, but I find their shrill more annoying than other spooled up turbos and superchargers.

I know that I'll asking for trouble with the S5 (coupe, the convertible would have been beyond what I was willing to shell out and the extra weight is felt), but I like the overall package and couldn't get over the mandatory all-black interior that comes with the A5 S-line coupe. Small thing I know, but sometimes it's the small things that drive you nuts.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

re ordering, I thought i changed my order on May 12, on a 2011 S5 cab but while checking my paperwork it was actually the last week of April, new arrival date 2nd week of October, almost 6months.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by butarctic
re ordering, I thought i changed my order on May 12, on a 2011 S5 cab but while checking my paperwork it was actually the last week of April, new arrival date 2nd week of October, almost 6months.
It could have been pushed back due to the limited production runs during the month of August (European summer vacation). With an ETA of 2nd week of October, I'm guessing that your car may not hit production until the end of the month or the first couple days of September.

I could be wrong on the above assumption though.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by butarctic
Ordered my S5 Coupe 5-1-10 and ETA now 10-4-10 (pushed back a few times). My initial order was bounce by AoA in mid May, but I don't think it delayed things.

Just checked in with my salesman and he showed me the list of all 2011 S5 coupe orders for the western US region. A handful have hit the mega dealers (one unsold). Except the few for the mega dealers, all orders were sold cars. The grim news is that the dealer allocations, for the most part, are filled. Dealers are waiting for additional allocations. It seams very frustrating for dealers. Audi doesn't allocate many cars to the US. Right now, the only way for many dealers to get an 2011 S5 on the lot is for an existing customer order to fall through (which they hate).
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pix

Finally got some pix of the new ride. One more to follow.
Attached Images      
Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's one of the interior.
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow! gorgeous combination! I've seen so many white, black and gray cars. This is a nice change.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

That color combination works out quite well (though I would still like to see a Sprint Blue coupe with Tuscan Brown, just for kicks). The proliferation of beige, white, black and various shades in between is partly the reason why I opted for Sprint Blue.

The fact that, Audi decided that Aruba Blue is no longer a worthy color for an A4 or A5 is disappointing.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by questionlp
That color combination works out quite well (though I would still like to see a Sprint Blue coupe with Tuscan Brown, just for kicks). The proliferation of beige, white, black and various shades in between is partly the reason why I opted for Sprint Blue.

The fact that, Audi decided that Aruba Blue is no longer a worthy color for an A4 or A5 is disappointing.

I wish the Sprint blue was on the A5 as well. I love that color. That was more of what I was thinking of when I ordered Montego blue on my 328i but it wasn't close.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by athensga
Here's one of the interior.
Was the destination charge in your sticker price $875? My dealership told me that they think the price was going to be higer in 2011. I'm expecting mine in 5 days. Can't wait.

Quick Reply: 2011 S5 Cab is Here