Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2011 S5 Coupe Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 S5 Coupe Arrived

My 2011 S5 Coupe has finally arrived (it arrived last week while my SA was on vacation) and I got a chance to look at it over the weekend. I'm waiting on the final steps of the loan to be processed and hope to pick it up over the upcoming weekend.

I posted the pics on Picasa. I will post more once I get the car.

http://picasaweb.google.com/question...eat=directlink
Old 08-23-2010, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! I know you've been waiting a long time for the delivery. The color is great, and the contrast of the seats is excellent. Thats the one thing I do really wish my car had...
Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by td80
Congrats! I know you've been waiting a long time for the delivery. The color is great, and the contrast of the seats is excellent. Thats the one thing I do really wish my car had...
Thanks, it has been a wait for sure... but I think it's worth it. I was able to take it for a short drive and just loved the rumble and grunt.

I think the Black/Silver contrast matches the glitz of the Sprint Blue paint. I had been debating on the Black/Black or Black/Silver seats and I think I made the right choice
Old 08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Another beauty. In the forums there are a number of sprint blue cars and black/pearl Alcantera interiors, but in the real world they must very rare as I've never seen a sprint blue S5 and only one black/pearl interior. I live in San Diego, but I drive all over SoCal and I have never seen a sprint blue on the road or at a dealer (and I visited almost every one in SoCal when looking at colors). The only thing better than a beautiful car is a unique beautiful car. Enjoy.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by questionlp
My 2011 S5 Coupe has finally arrived (it arrived last week while my SA was on vacation) and I got a chance to look at it over the weekend. I'm waiting on the final steps of the loan to be processed and hope to pick it up over the upcoming weekend.

I posted the pics on Picasa. I will post more once I get the car.

http://picasaweb.google.com/question...eat=directlink
Looks Great! Would like to see more pics. Congrats! And how you liking the 6MT?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ruairi
Congrats! Another beauty. In the forums there are a number of sprint blue cars and black/pearl Alcantera interiors, but in the real world they must very rare as I've never seen a sprint blue S5 and only one black/pearl interior. I live in San Diego, but I drive all over SoCal and I have never seen a sprint blue on the road or at a dealer (and I visited almost every one in SoCal when looking at colors). The only thing better than a beautiful car is a unique beautiful car. Enjoy.
Thanks! I have only seen two Sprint Blue S5s in person, one coupe and one cabriolet; in which, both had black seats. As I've posted before, I feel in love with the color when I saw a Sprint Blue coupe in person (I almost felt my heart skip a beat).

Seeing the Sprint Blue paired with the Black/Silver Alcantara in one of Fourtitude's driven articles nailed the combo for me. I'm still a bit nervous about stains, though I don't wear jeans.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaymacc077
Looks Great! Would like to see more pics. Congrats! And how you liking the 6MT?
I don't have the car, yet; it's still at the dealer getting a couple of trinkets and waiting for the loan to wrap up. When I took it for the drive, I really liked the feel of the shifter and the clutch felt nice... but I'm still green when it comes to manual transmissions.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

This is my 7th manual transmission dating back to the mid 70s. IMO, the Audi clutch is too long and the shifter is clunky. Reminds me of a 77 Trans Am I had. By comparison the BMW clutch/shifter are smooth and efficient.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
This is my 7th manual transmission dating back to the mid 70s. IMO, the Audi clutch is too long and the shifter is clunky. Reminds me of a 77 Trans Am I had. By comparison the BMW clutch/shifter are smooth and efficient.
Your making me want to go with a tiptronic.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaymacc077
Your making me want to go with a tiptronic.
Since haven't driven a lot of other cars with manual transmission, I can't compare Audi's transmission versus others. For me, I liked the feel better than a newer Honda that I've been practicing in. Will my opinion change after I start driving the Audi more? Probably, but for now, I don't have a problem with how it feels.

Quick Reply: 2011 S5 Coupe Arrived