Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2012 A5 auto tilt passenger mirror

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 2012 A5 auto tilt passenger mirror

I'll be picking up my second A5 coupe on Monday. Does anyone know if the Premium + level also includes an auto tilt feature for the passenger side mirror when it is shifted into reverse? I seem to remember that my 08 had this very useful feature.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We picked up our 2012 in sept and ours does it. As you pull away forward it tilts pack to where you have it set in memory.

We love ours!

Originally Posted by macwm
I'll be picking up my second A5 coupe on Monday. Does anyone know if the Premium + level also includes an auto tilt feature for the passenger side mirror when it is shifted into reverse? I seem to remember that my 08 had this very useful feature.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by macwm
Mine wasn't working until I used the seat memory feature. Not sure why but it fixed the problem. Once it's tilted, you can move it more and then it will remember that position.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Can you program this via the VAG software on the Premium models???
Old 12-02-2011, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Turn the mirror switch all the way to the right to get the down look in reverse. If you do not want it, turn the mirror switch all the way to the left.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize this is an older topic - but it's the NEWEST of the older threads I found on this issue. I have a new 2012 A5, and the mirror does move down a little (I loved this feature on my A4, let me back into the garage soooo easy) but I'm finding on the A5 it doesn't drop down AS FAR as it did before - is there a way to make the mirror drop down a good 10-15º more than it does?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

With the car in reverse and the mirror switch on right side, you move the mirror where ever you want it to be at. Factory sets them to downwards position.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ezveedub
With the car in reverse and the mirror switch on right side, you move the mirror where ever you want it to be at. Factory sets them to downwards position.
...it's that easy? I can push it further down and it'll reset back to my pre-sets and then go back to where I set it lower? I'll totally have to try that tonight!

Will report back! :P
Old 02-15-2012, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fractalsphere

Will report back! :P
Well - that totally works! Just direct the passenger mirror lower, to where you want it when it's in the 'down'/reverse position, and it'll reset back to there each time after. Totally a hidden feature - thank you ezveedub!

Rich
Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by englsh
Can you program this via the VAG software on the Premium models???
Enabling reverse mirror tilt on cars without memory seats: Go to module 52 Door Elect, Pass., Long Coding, Byte 4. If the byte has value 40 (cars without electrically folding mirrors), change it to 4C. If the byte has value 50 (cars with folding or folding/dimming mirrors), change it to 5C. Afterwards when reversing and the mirror **** is in passenger position the passenger side mirror will tilt while on reverse to better show the curb. Without memory seats it is currently not known if the tilt can be adjusted, it seems to default to a standard amount according to reports (see links below, thanks to EuroDan and Unisurfer). It was reported by -V- (here in Finnish: http://www.ultimatevw.com/keskustelu...10753&sivu=185) that 4C won't work in some cars, but value 44 instead does. This probably has to do with equipment levels. Ross-Tech has updated their VCDS/VAG-COM software data to include relevant bits with descriptions, so you can more easily try different combinations.

the link http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html

Quick Reply: 2012 A5 auto tilt passenger mirror