Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2012 S5 - Current Order Times

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 S5 - Current Order Times

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've been an Acura fan for years (3 TL's, a CL, an MDX, and an NSX), but have decided to try an Audi. Acura's current lineup is pretty dull in my opinion.

Anyway, I ordered a 2012 S5 a couple of weeks ago (Monsoon Gray/Tuscan Brown). The dealer (D-Patrick in Evansville, Indiana) told me to expect a 6 month wait.

For anyone who has ordered one this year, is 6 months the typical wait time?

Thanks!

Matt
Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We ordered ours in June and we should see it at the end of august. The original date was Sept. 19 but once it goes into production it moves fast from what we were told. We live in Dallas and all of them come into port in Houston so that helps im sure. We were told if there was a hurricaine and they had to go around it it could delay it a little.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

it depends on your dealers allocation. if they told you 6 months then they arent allocated for a S5. If they were it would take 3 months.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yep, let the dealer know you know what allocation is, and if they don't have it, find a different dealer. That is what I had to do, even though I liked my first dealer. The first dealer got all pissed, even though I told them from the start I wanted to be one of the first to order a 2012. If you are spending the big bucks and the dealer can't move as fast as you want, don't feel bad about switching dealers.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like my dealer also does not have allocation for a sline a5 i orderded back in june. They have my 10% deposit. Options if any?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

6 months and 10% deposit both seem a bit much.

My deposit was $1k down. The sales form I signed had 6 months delivery written on it but they swapped out a build they had ready to go in 2 months so my wait *should* be 3 months.

Probably just covering their asses if something went wrong with the scheduled build. Also noticed the fine print had something about me being liable for damages if I pulled out of the order but the salesman said that its no problem if I pulled out.

What a salesman tells you and what you sign are obviously two different things but I dont plan on backing out.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by eyedoc
Looks like my dealer also does not have allocation for a sline a5 i orderded back in june. They have my 10% deposit. Options if any?
10% deposit is ridiculous... but since the dealer doesnt have allocation you have the right to get your deposit back.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My deposit was $500 and they never charged my credit card. I was told I could back out, even if the car came and I didn't like it! Troubles with the S-line package (same story as everyone else), but I got $1500 off my 2012 S5.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gd10
it depends on your dealers allocation. if they told you 6 months then they arent allocated for a S5. If they were it would take 3 months.
Interesting. I wasn't aware of the differences in allocation between dealers.

When I initially asked the dealer about an S5, their response was "Oh, we never have those in stock unless they are pre-sold."

That sounds like they aren't allocated for S5's.

Thanks for the info!

Matt
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi all, new here, new owner of a pre-owned 2010 S5 cab (haven't picked up yet but super excited...)

Anyway, was looking at new S5's also and up here in Canada the dealers told me if I ordered in the last few weeks I'd be looking at late September/early October. They kept saying it really depended on allocation and they had no 2011 S5 models to test drive. That really tilted my decision in buying a pre-owned (especially a cab) that I could drive in the summer.

So everything I heard indicated 3-4 months or so... but certainly not 6.

Quick Reply: 2012 S5 - Current Order Times