Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2012 S5 - Current Order Times

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just thought I'd chime in to this since I just ordered an S5 to replace my '09 A4 Sline Cab. Moonlight blue/Black Pearl, NO NAV, Standard audio, add Smart Key and Sport diff. I put 1/2 down on it (My choice) last Saturday. I was told to expect the build date in 30-45 days. The delivery was estimated to be late November to early December. When it arrives we'll drop the other 1/2 and drive off.

So far, the a4 was our first Audi, we have been very impressed with Audi in general. Build quality, performance (minus the hideous turbo lag!) has been great. The Quality of the materials has been superior to all other makes we have owned up to that point. (I now have a 2012 Infiniti QX 56 and it going to be VERY hard for anyone to beat that interior!)Even the 7 series Bmw paled in comparison. The 3.2 SC engine is a blast with a very flat and wide power band. Should make for a good time on the twisties like the Tail of The Dragon!! (Actually, Moonshiner 28 is my favorite road to drive)

The ONLY thing I would like to see Audi do is improve their NAV system. It is only slightly better than the BMW system and that is not saying much. Fortunately I don't have to have one. I'll just stick with my old Garmin unit when needed.

Okay, so it looks like 3 months is about right for delivery. Have a great day!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default delivery

what port city would my S5 arrive at if dealer destination is Tysons Corner VA with expected delivery date of 10/17/2011 ?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AcuraToAudi
Just heard from my local dealer today. My sales rep. said that they should have my S5 at the dealership on October 17th. I ordered the car on July 18th. Their original estimate of 6 months was a bit off.

If anyone is interested, here's what I ordered:

2012 S5 Premium Plus Coupe
- Monsoon Gray Metallic
- Tuscan Brown interior
- Tiptronic Trans.
- Add Navigation
- Add Bang Olufsen Stereo
- Add Advanced Key
- Add Rear Parking Sensor

Can't wait to see it.

Anybody want to buy a 2010 Acura TL - SH-AWD w/Tech. Pkg.? It's all wheel drive and has a 305hp V6 engine. :-)
i know that cant wait feelin, mine is scheduled for that same date coming to VA where's your delivery state
ive got
prestige auto
drv select
alum kit
rear shade
B&O sound
tiptronic
carbon inlay
Old 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DFly
i know that cant wait feelin, mine is scheduled for that same date coming to VA where's your delivery state
ive got
prestige auto
drv select
alum kit
rear shade
B&O sound
tiptronic
carbon inlay
Awesome, I hope I won't regret not getting the Prestige with Drive Select.

Mine will be delivered to Indiana, by the way.

A few weeks ago my dealer said they thought my S5 delivery date would be moved up to the first week of October. Then a week later they changed that estimate to the last week in October. This has been a really slow couple of months.

Post some pics when you get your car!

Matt
Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AcuraToAudi
Awesome, I hope I won't regret not getting the Prestige with Drive Select.

Mine will be delivered to Indiana, by the way.

A few weeks ago my dealer said they thought my S5 delivery date would be moved up to the first week of October. Then a week later they changed that estimate to the last week in October. This has been a really slow couple of months.

Post some pics when you get your car!

Matt
will be sure to post pics. I just hope my delivery date does not change it already feels like its been too long. By the way mine is also moonlight blue metalic
Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what port city would my S5 arrive at if dealer destination is Tysons Corner VA with expected delivery date of 10/17/2011 ?
Probably Brunswick, GA.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
Probably Brunswick, GA.
Thanks for the info. Audi needs to institute some sort of customer tracking system cause this blind waiting is the pits
Old 10-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Audi needs to institute some sort of customer tracking system cause this blind waiting is the pits
I agree. My dealership told me that once they turn in the order to Audi "It's out of our hands." (quote from one of their emails to me)

Apparently, the dealer gets some kind of report every couple of weeks from Audi with an estimated delivery date. When mine slipped from early October to late October my sales rep. said there was no explanation of why it was delayed. A little more communication/information would be nice.

I have not been able to get a production or shipment date from my dealer. "It's out of their hands"
Old 10-01-2011, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

will be sure to post pics. I just hope my delivery date does not change it already feels like its been too long. By the way mine is also moonlight blue metalic
Don't fret over the wait.
When it arrives you will be an owner of one of the finest, sharpest cars in the world built by the best car company anywhere.
Sit back, relax,get your i-Pod ready with plenty of music in it and your dream machine will arrive before you know it.
Congrats for making a great purchase decision.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PeterJay
Don't fret over the wait.
When it arrives you will be an owner of one of the finest, sharpest cars in the world built by the best car company anywhere.
Sit back, relax,get your i-Pod ready with plenty of music in it and your dream machine will arrive before you know it.
Congrats for making a great purchase decision.
well that sure sounds good and I'm sure you are right. I'm just anxious