Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 Audi S5 Color Decisions (Lunar Silver Interior Question)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Audi S5 Color Decisions (Lunar Silver Interior Question)

Hi everyone,

I'm ordering a 2014 audi s5 in the US. I'm looking at doing the car in Ice Silver, with the black optic package, with the black wood/aluminum trim, and have been debating on the interior. I like the two tones a lot, but am not sure how the lunar silver interior would look with the ice silver. I was wondering if anyone had a car with this combo or had any advice on the matter?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lunar silver looks almost white to me. I think it would be fabulous.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Rusty,

Thanks for the opinion. I've had some concern that it wouldn't match or wouldn't look very sporty. I'm glad to hear that you think it'd look solid. Anyone else have an opinion on it or happen to own this combination? I would be interested to hear what you think.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SGrant723
Rusty,

Thanks for the opinion. I've had some concern that it wouldn't match or wouldn't look very sporty. I'm glad to hear that you think it'd look solid. Anyone else have an opinion on it or happen to own this combination? I would be interested to hear what you think.
I caution you that light leathers pick up dyes from your clothing. they will not stay clean. if you are one for spending a sunday scrubbing them, then do it. otherwise, they will get dingey and one time in new jeans could mess them up.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Also beware that black optic package is currently unavailable. You can have your dealer check when they drop the order in, or call AoA when your ready to validate.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you'll love the Ice Silver. Sure it's common, some say bland. But it stays nicely clean, shows off the lines well and it's a classic Audi color. Only other color I would consider would be the Estroil Blue...it's a nice color not commonly seen, but you pay lots extra and shows a bit more dirt than the Ice Silver IMO.

My S5 is almost a year old now and although I don't have the Lunar Silver interior, I do regret not getting it. It's a nice contrast. However the Gray/Black Alcantara has been great. Cleans easily, shows no stains and keeps you planted in your sport seat.

Also regret not getting the carbon fiber trim...well worth the $500 or so. I've done a homemade carbon fiber wrap that I'm happy with but the OEM is soooo much nicer.

Here is a link to some photos of my Ice Silver S5.

http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Zo...98651073407194

Last edited by lmariorod; 06-29-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Imar,

I appreciate all the input. The other color I've been debating is doing the Estoril. It's been a hard debate for me, I'm just hoping I have something locked in I can be happy with by this coming week! I really appreciate your input on the lunar silver seats. I believe I'll be doing those either way at this rate, now it's just figuring out if I want to go Estoril or Ice Silver....
Old 06-29-2013, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone have one of the Estoril blue S5's with the Titanium or black Optic package? I'd be interested to see how it looks.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SGrant723
Does anyone have one of the Estoril blue S5's with the Titanium or black Optic package? I'd be interested to see how it looks.
You'll be hard pressed to find many with that color combo. It was new for '13.

Estoril Blue would be a good choice for re-sale. Silvers, grays, whites and blacks are a dime a dozen.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do you think it will still go well together? I have some concern it may not look very sharp. I want the car to have a classy and sporty feel to it.

Quick Reply: 2014 Audi S5 Color Decisions (Lunar Silver Interior Question)