Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

a5 3.2 question to members, thank you

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know which joker you called at Stasis Engineering, but they do offer the ECU upgrade and exhaust package for 2.0TFSI 211hp. Get your facts straight before you make a statement.

Straight from Stasis: http://stasisengineering.com/sigSeries_a5.php

[QUOTE=MikeCusak;24000414]
Originally Posted by bbmaster
Doesn't the 2.0TFSI engine has more torque at a lower RPM than the 3.2V6?
258 lb-ft @ 1500rpm vs. 243 lb-ft @ 3000rpm. You don't actually need to rev high when driving the 2.0TFSI, it's all about low end torque. And if you get Stasis ECU and exhaust upgrade (won't void warranty as Stasis is being offered at most Audi dealers along with full 4 years/50,000 miles factory warranty), it will be 261 hp, and 305 lb-ft torque.

Also for 2011, 3.2V6 is being discontinued.

I called Stasisengineering there is not ECU Remap for the A5 engine, just for the 2.0T 200hp not the 211hp, meaning for Golf GTI's and B7 A4's. So much BS in here but just words in the end.. if it was that easy you all would be driving 4cylinder turbo a5's and not v6 or v8

Last edited by bbmaster; 07-06-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=MikeCusak;24000414]
Doesn't the 2.0TFSI engine has more torque at a lower RPM than the 3.2V6?
258 lb-ft @ 1500rpm vs. 243 lb-ft @ 3000rpm. You don't actually need to rev high when driving the 2.0TFSI, it's all about low end torque. And if you get Stasis ECU and exhaust upgrade (won't void warranty as Stasis is being offered at most Audi dealers along with full 4 years/50,000 miles factory warranty), it will be 261 hp, and 305 lb-ft torque.

Also for 2011, 3.2V6 is being discontinued.

I called Stasisengineering there is not ECU Remap for the A5 engine, just for the 2.0T 200hp not the 211hp, meaning for Golf GTI's and B7 A4's. So much BS in here but just words in the end.. if it was that easy you all would be driving 4cylinder turbo a5's and not v6 or v8
I was debating between a S5 and 3.2 when I bought my car. I test drove the S5 and didn't really feel much of a difference between the two(maybe it's because I didn't really open her up). I thought the 3.2 auto felt like a dog but the manual felt alot faster. When it comes down to it, it's the options inside why I'm happy with my car. Theres so many other cars out there that are faster at the price. IMO I would take the full loaded 3.2 over the bone stock S5.

As for the 2.0T I didn't even bother test driving. Its a disgrace that a car like this is 4 cylinder. Theres not another single car in this class/price range thats a 4 banger. Turbo or not I would not pay 40k for a 4 cylinder car. If that was the case I might as well buy a Subaru STI and run circles around the S5 as well.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=kodakbyd;24000422]
Originally Posted by MikeCusak

I was debating between a S5 and 3.2 when I bought my car. I test drove the S5 and didn't really feel much of a difference between the two(maybe it's because I didn't really open her up). I thought the 3.2 auto felt like a dog but the manual felt alot faster. When it comes down to it, it's the options inside why I'm happy with my car. Theres so many other cars out there that are faster at the price. IMO I would take the full loaded 3.2 over the bone stock S5.

As for the 2.0T I didn't even bother test driving. Its a disgrace that a car like this is 4 cylinder. Theres not another single car in this class/price range thats a 4 banger. Turbo or not I would not pay 40k for a 4 cylinder car. If that was the case I might as well buy a Subaru STI and run circles around the S5 as well.
And to all you ppl out there talking about modding your 2.0t to run circles around the 3.2. Do u not realize when moddin it you're just increasing the boost which in turn puts more strain on your engine. You won't be laughing when the engine breaks down cause once a turbo engine breaks down you might as well sell it cause you're going to have one problem after another. I use to own an e55 and I bought the 3.2 because I just wanted a nice comfortable ride. If you want to be a racer buy another car.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

but most people here wouldn't keep their cars past 4 years, so warranty will cover anything that happens to the turbo.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

but most people here wouldn't keep their cars past 4 years, so warranty will cover anything that happens to the turbo.
Not if you're modding it. When u go with the Stassis, it's actually a stassis warranty replacing your factory warranty and honestly I'm paranoid about manufacturers warranty. They always find a way to weesal out of it
Old 07-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kodakbyd
Not if you're modding it. When u go with the Stassis, it's actually a stassis warranty replacing your factory warranty and honestly I'm paranoid about manufacturers warranty. They always find a way to weesal out of it
couldn't possibly agree more, stasis warranty is just that, nothing to do with manufacturer's warranty, there is a lot of misguiding going on in here and then they tell you to get the facts straight, anyhow, I think I am gonna get the that loaded 3.2
Old 07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

have he/she made up its mind? hey! have you decided on whether to get the 3.2 or else??
Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

after reading some of this posts i realized what a hit 'fast & furious' must have been in the US.. so much wannabe-playa out here.. I bet half of the writers here don't even own audi's yet they know everything..
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeCusak
couldn't possibly agree more, stasis warranty is just that, nothing to do with manufacturer's warranty, there is a lot of misguiding going on in here and then they tell you to get the facts straight, anyhow, I think I am gonna get the that loaded 3.2
If you don't have the need for speed thats a good choice. When I bought my 3.2l I thought I was settling but now I'm really happy with it. The advanced key and keyless start is a must and that only comes with the prestige package. Side assist is nice and the B&O sounds system is the best stock sound system I've ever heard. Sounds almost as good as my competition MB quart/JL sound system back in the days. All in all this car is about luxury and comfort so if you're worried about HP buy another car.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The OP has already formed an opinion of the 2.0T A5 but for anyone else looking to form their own opinion, here are some relevant links:

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sigSeries_a5.php
http://www.goapr.com/products/?vehicle=A5_B8
http://www.giacusa.com/programs.php?mpid=580

btw, reprogramming the ECU in a 2.0T is far more than "just" increasing boost. There's plenty of info out there w/ regards to that.

HTH

Last edited by ItsDubC; 07-06-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Quick Reply: a5 3.2 question to members, thank you