Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

a5 3.2 question to members, thank you

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
The OP has already formed an opinion of the 2.0T A5 but for anyone else looking to form their own opinion, here are some relevant links:

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sigSeries_a5.php
http://www.goapr.com/products/?vehicle=A5_B8
http://www.giacusa.com/programs.php?mpid=580

btw, reprogramming the ECU in a 2.0T is far more than "just" increasing boost. There's plenty of info out there w/ regards to that.

HTH
Most of the power increase comes from the increase in boost.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't disagree w/ you but simply increasing boost can be done w/ a piggyback. Recalibrating the actual ECU itself means a safe increase in boost. Previous gen 2.0Ts are rock-solid even when chipped; it is their DV and HPFP that are prone to failure due to increased boost and fuel request.

The B8 2.0Ts have addressed both of those issues while being even more reliable (timing chain vs timing belt for example). No one w/ a B8 A4 or A5 has blown a DV AFAIK because Audi now uses a piston-type unit. Many B7 A4-owners are replacing their stock DVs w/ the DVs found in the B8 A4 and A5 2.0T. As for the HPFP, many tuners have already publicly stated that the stock B8 fueling system can support even BT setups.

Just throwing this info out there so ppl aren't scared about certain things based on what seems to be largely speculation. Part of the reason why these tunes exist is because car manufacturers have to account for the possibility that someone will put the lowest-grade gasoline available into their car. It would be unacceptable for an A5 to break down if someone put 87 octane into their tank because 87 octane is available in many markets. If you always fill up w/ 93 octane, an ECU tune designed for that kind of fuel will give you a safe increase in performance. There are quite a few Audis and VWs that've been chipped for years w/ many miles on them.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

with fuel prices nowadays, the world is turning towards forced inductions. Audi has already dropped the 3.2V6 in the A4 range, and 2011 will see the same thing happen to A5. S5 will drop the V8 in favor of the V6 supercharged in 2012. It's a shame but it's the reality.

Last edited by bbmaster; 07-07-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

The OP has already formed an opinion of the 2.0T A5 but for anyone else looking to form their own opinion, here are some relevant links:

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sigSeries_a5.php
http://www.goapr.com/products/?vehicle=A5_B8
http://www.giacusa.com/programs.php?mpid=580

btw, reprogramming the ECU in a 2.0T is far more than "just" increasing boost. There's plenty of info out there w/ regards to that.

HTH
What do you mean by 'The OP has already formed an opinion of the 2.0T A5'?? What's OP?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Banned

I don't disagree w/ you but simply increasing boost can be done w/ a piggyback. Recalibrating the actual ECU itself means a safe increase in boost. Previous gen 2.0Ts are rock-solid even when chipped; it is their DV and HPFP that are prone to failure due to increased boost and fuel request.

The B8 2.0Ts have addressed both of those issues while being even more reliable (timing chain vs timing belt for example). No one w/ a B8 A4 or A5 has blown a DV AFAIK because Audi now uses a piston-type unit. Many B7 A4-owners are replacing their stock DVs w/ the DVs found in the B8 A4 and A5 2.0T. As for the HPFP, many tuners have already publicly stated that the stock B8 fueling system can support even BT setups.

Just throwing this info out there so ppl aren't scared about certain things based on what seems to be largely speculation. Part of the reason why these tunes exist is because car manufacturers have to account for the possibility that someone will put the lowest-grade gasoline available into their car. It would be unacceptable for an A5 to break down if someone put 87 octane into their tank because 87 octane is available in many markets. If you always fill up w/ 93 octane, an ECU tune designed for that kind of fuel will give you a safe increase in performance. There are quite a few Audis and VWs that've been chipped for years w/ many miles on them.
got a pic of your OEM Avant Dual Exhaust??
Old 07-07-2010, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MikeCusak
What do you mean by 'The OP has already formed an opinion of the 2.0T A5'?? What's OP?
OP = Original Poster (thread creator)
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

got a pic of your OEM Avant Dual Exhaust??
No good ones unfortunately, but here are a few:

btw if you're considering this mod for an A5 2.0T, keep in mind that A5s are wider than A4s and therefore this wouldn't be a direct bolt-on. Some modification will be required. IMHO to get dual exhaust on an A5 2.0T, just go aftermarket. HTH
Old 07-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Banned

No good ones unfortunately, but here are a few:

btw if you're considering this mod for an A5 2.0T, keep in mind that A5s are wider than A4s and therefore this wouldn't be a direct bolt-on. Some modification will be required. IMHO to get dual exhaust on an A5 2.0T, just go aftermarket. HTH
very nice! i see you removed the decals as well
Old 07-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Banned

I've decided to go with a 2010 S5 Premium Plus - B&O - Navigation MMI - Sport Differential - Alcantara Inserts Black seats. I am debating the exterior color though, I kind of like the Phamton Black Pearl and Deep Blue Sea Pearl, both look amazing, what do you think?? I was wondering if the front grill comes in grey in any color? I somehow thought if the car was black the grill would be black as well as in the 3.2 but I guess I am wrong and S5 comes in with standard grey grill. Help me with the exterior color, deep blue sea pearl or Phamton black?? thanks guys.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Both colors show dirt and swirls. But if I were you, I would go with phantom. S5 looks best in black.

I've decided to go with a 2010 S5 Premium Plus - B&O - Navigation MMI - Sport Differential - Alcantara Inserts Black seats. I am debating the exterior color though, I kind of like the Phamton Black Pearl and Deep Blue Sea Pearl, both look amazing, what do you think?? I was wondering if the front grill comes in grey in any color? I somehow thought if the car was black the grill would be black as well as in the 3.2 but I guess I am wrong and S5 comes in with standard grey grill. Help me with the exterior color, deep blue sea pearl or Phamton black?? thanks guys.

Quick Reply: a5 3.2 question to members, thank you