Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

A5 employee pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgd99
Just left the dealership.

They are offering $1,500 customer loyalty and $2,000 additional off MSRP on an A5 S-line with an MSRP of $52,165 (MT, S-line, Premium package, Nav, Bang, rear side airbags and Drive Select) I don't think I forgot anything.

I believe, if my math is correct, that is about $300 over invoice. He said if I bought in the next 2 weeks, they would see how they could sweeten that.

I asked him to find me the A-5 in Silver or Quartz and also find me an S-5 with the same options, and then let me know if they want to dance or jump straight into bed.

I am located in CT.
i have been going through this process with the same car minus the drive select for a while now(check past posts). Ive put two deposits down from 2 seperate dealerships for an 2009 A5 6mt , brillaint black, nav, s-line, premium, B+O both dealers said they had the car located and it would be here in a week.....long story short neither had the car and apparently took my deposit to....as they say " take me out of the market" while they "try" and locate the car...i hear this is a common practice. well I am now on my third deposit from a gentleman that was recommended from one of the fellow audiworld members. He works for a lease company, which in turn works with the dealer directly. I have to say, so far so good. He was the only honest person thus far and told me there was no exact match for the car i was looking for with the options I wanted. He did however find me the same car PLUS audi drive select. He made me such a sweet deal I couldnt pass on the option of turning it down. So I gave my deposit and now have a VIN number (not sure if this makes a difference or not) and have been assured that the car is at the port and will be here by thursday.(apparently a canceled order) Ill keep you all posted on how this saga plays out. By the way, the car is at invoice(based for a lease) and I am extremely excited about the drive select. It seems to get rave reviews from all memebers who have it.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Up here in Canada we no don't have the luxury of having A5's on the lot so we have no choice but to pay MSRP (and order one from Audi 6 month wait) or close to it at this point. Ahhh....if only the recession hit the dealers up here.....

Bottom line, Americans, don't complain since you have more consumer pull than we do up here. (I'm assuming that if you are in the market for an Audi, the recession hasn't hit you).
Old 03-21-2009, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry if this question does not belong in this thread.

but i graduate in 10 weeks my dad is going to get my a5 i want S-line, Nav, B-Black and B&O. What kind of deal should i be looking to get im selling my truck so i will drop 18K cash. And if i order is it true that the 2010 will not have MT? (im SoCal) and how do i find whats invoice?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just an update to my previous post.

Now that they found the car, the Audi Loyalty discount has disappeared. They knew I owned a 1998 but suddenly they reveal that the program is only for cars 2004 or newer.

And Geee, if I pass on this car, I may never find another one anywhere, ever.

Yawn.

Nothing changes.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just an update to my previous post.

Now that they found the car, the Audi Loyalty discount has disappeared. They knew I owned a 1998 but suddenly they reveal that the program is only for cars 2004 or newer.

And Geee, if I pass on this car, I may never find another one anywhere, ever.

Yawn.

Nothing changes.
Too bad, maybe a better deal will come up later.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just left the dealership.

They are offering $1,500 customer loyalty and $2,000 additional off MSRP on an A5 S-line with an MSRP of $52,165 (MT, S-line, Premium package, Nav, Bang, rear side airbags and Drive Select) I don't think I forgot anything.

I believe, if my math is correct, that is about $300 over invoice. He said if I bought in the next 2 weeks, they would see how they could sweeten that.

I asked him to find me the A-5 in Silver or Quartz and also find me an S-5 with the same options, and then let me know if they want to dance or jump straight into bed.

I am located in CT.
STOP! That is not $300 over invoice. The $1500 rebate comes from the manufacturer, not the dealer. The dealer is still selling you the car with $1800 profit above invoice. This is probably the most common trick in the book with dealers. They make you think they are the ones paying for it, but they still have plenty to stuff themselves with. You should always make your final deal and THEN deduct the manufacturer rebate from it.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

that is only on purchase? a lease wouldnt be afforded the same rebates? would they?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Now that I have a moment, I will tell you a bit more.

I asked the salesman for the total on all other charges that I would incur (title, reg, etc). His answer was only $398 for title and reg... nothing else.

I also asked if I had the option of full financing up front and then I would throw $25k at the financing in 4 weeks (when I am getting some cash for something else I selling....not a car). I asked if they would then recalculate the monthly payments to the new financed amount. Answer was...no problem. This was all on Saturday.

So....today....I get the call that they found the exact car two states away and want a credit card for a $500 deposit. I ask to have the sales manager call me for this (cause I am in sales and I know the managers are the ones who make the deal and talking to them reveals alot about their character)

Now, I have already seen the $1,500 incentive dissappear, so I ask about the additional fees saying I want to verify MSRP of $52,165 less $2,000, plus the $398 title/reg fee.

Now the MSRP is suddenly $52,590 (some phantom fee that they can't explain...vehicle conveyance fee minus credit plus delivery charges minus some credit....blah,blah,blah) and.......get this........the manager says to me "Gee, $398? is that what the salesman said? Ummm, I guess, maybe, I really don't know, but it is probably something like that". I laughed and said "you're the manager and you don't know what your fees are?" His answer is "don't worry we will figure it out"...........yeah, right. I guess he thinks I bumped my head when I fell off the turnip truck.

THEN his finance guy (in the salesroom....I am home on the phone) tells me that if I throw $25k at it in 4 weeks that will only shorten the loan length, but I will still pay the $959 a month.......until the loan is paid off in approx 36 months instead of 60 months. So, I basically have a 36 month financing at 5.9% not 60 months. As an FYI, in my business, we will structure financing 100 ways from here to hell,in order to accomodate the customer and close the deal.

Anyway, when I tell them that is the deal killer, and I will wait 4 weeks till I have the money in hand...........I get the "this car will be gone by tomorrow morning" and " just give me the credit card number and we will hold the car for a month" and " why don't you just buy it and then refinance it through your bank in a month".

Oh good lord, it was aggravating to the point of being funny.

The problem for the car dealers in this recession is that they have not learned something about the markets psychology. I want the car, but I don't need the car, I can wait............they on the other hand both want and NEED my money, and they CAN'T wait.

Last edited by mgd99; 03-24-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you think that a dealership can agree to modify the terms of an established Audi Financial Services auto loan after the fact?

It just doesn't work that way.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bob58
Why would you think that a dealership can agree to modify the terms of an established Audi Financial Services auto loan after the fact?

It just doesn't work that way.
Because they initially said they could. Simple as that.

Quick Reply: A5 employee pricing?