Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

after a 6-month wait, my Amethyst Gray A5 S-Line arrived [lots of photos]

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Beautiful and unique look, Uro. Enjoy it !
Old 10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!

I think you're missing a foot pedal though
Old 10-25-2011, 04:31 PM
ksn
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!

Originally Posted by uroplatus
I ordered the car 6-months ago. Seems like a long time, but my dealer gave me an B7 A4 to drive for the last couple months while I waited, so it wasn't too bad.
How did that work? Was it just a short term lease or were you somehow able to negotiate that into the A5 purchase?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Beautiful. Just got mine last Thursday and have pretty much lived in the car since.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Beautiful colour and beautiful car, but the wheels are awefull...you need to sell them to me immediatley
Old 10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Great Color

Congrats! Great Color. You should get some carbon fiber inlays to complete the interior look.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kkwan85
Congrats! Great Color. You should get some carbon fiber inlays to complete the interior look.
Agreed. I'll have the Carbon Fiber interior trim done soon.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 4taz
Beautiful colour and beautiful car, but the wheels are awefull...you need to sell them to me immediatley
I love the wheels too. I got a set of aftermarket wheels in that same style for use in the winter. They're 18-inch size with Audi factory center caps and Dunlop WinterSport 3D's in size 245/40-18.
I doubt that I'll drive it much in the winter, and I definitely won't drive it on snow event days, but I wanted to have the winter tires on it during the winter.
In the one photo, the winter wheel/tire is sitting next to the 19-inch factory wheel on the car for comparison.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ksn
How did that work? Was it just a short term lease or were you somehow able to negotiate that into the A5 purchase?
The B7 A4 was given to me by my dealer for the last two months as a free loaner car. It was written into the sales agreement when I ordered the new car. The deal was that if my special order new car didn't arrive by a certain date (4-months after the order date), the dealer would provide me with a free loaner car to drive. Their loaner cars are Audi vehicles. When the 4-month time approached, I half-jokingly said I'll take the used S5 that they had on the used car lot, but of course the answer was no. But they happily gave me a 2008 B7 A4 from their loaner fleet to drive until the new car arrived.

I had placed the new car order immediately after the 2012 order guides became available (before 2012 pricing was available), and I had hoped that the car would arrive in 4-months since I needed to take a road trip during a certain week. But, its always good to anticipate potential problems, so I wrote in a number of specific requirements and "outs" into the sales agreement. Although I have other vehicles that I could have driven, I wanted there to be an incentive in the contract for the dealer to push for arrival of the new car. And me having one of their cars was certainly a good balance for both myself and the dealer. I had this in mind when I went to the dealer to order the car, but as I recall, the dealer salesman brought it up before I mentioned it.

While on this subject, its important to note that the sales agreement is a written contract, and written contracts should be written in anticipation of something or everything going wrong with the deal. So you want everything that you consider a significant or important aspect of your verbal agreement/understanding with the dealer put into the written agreement.

Quick Reply: after a 6-month wait, my Amethyst Gray A5 S-Line arrived [lots of photos]