Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Alcantara interiors

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alcantara interiors

Can anyone who has alcantara in their S5's please post some pics, and let me know if they are happy with it. I'm more interested in the black/silver, but possibly black/black also.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

If I had mine (still waiting for delivery), I could take pictures of the Black/Silver Alcantara interior that I ordered. Le sigh, another 3-4 weeks to wait.

With that said, it were the pictures in the article below that sold me on the contrasting interior (even if the door inserts aren't silver, as erroneously shown in the S5 coupe brochures).

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_5464.shtml
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll let you know in 3-4 weeks as well when mine arrives. Black/Silver Alcantara. That's one of the few things that's missing about the S5... Good high quality pics of the silver alcantara interior.
Check the S4 forum for people who had similar type of interiors over the years and what it takes to maintain it. I had to do a lot of research prior to deciding on it.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the quick replies, Plese post when your car's arrive. Thanks for the link. Too bad they only have that one photo.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here are the few pics I've been able to find.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...black-interior

http://gtcarlot.com/car/28092097

I also think it's silly that the door inserts are black. They should be matching color alcantara, that would be sweet!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happy with my black/black. saw black/silver in person and was happy I did not get it, was a bit to garish for me.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

NICE PIC!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeQuattro
Can anyone who has alcantara in their S5's please post some pics, and let me know if they are happy with it. I'm more interested in the black/silver, but possibly black/black also.

Thanks
I don't have pics for you but I test drove both black/silver and black/black and I think the black/silver looked great (sporty & classy). I did quite a bit of research on alcantara and it appears easier to maintain than one would think, and it is very durable. Probably a wash when compared to the pearl silver leather. As for the black/black, it has the advantage of not being hot/cold like black leather and you really stick to alcantara in the turns, but visually I didn't feel it was as rich as the leather.

I haven't looked in a while, but when I was looking at interior/exterior colors I found a lot of pics in autotrader ads (unfortunately, there a number of lazy dealers that post the manufacture's pics) and, if you are luckily, ebay.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeQuattro
Thanks for the quick replies, Plese post when your car's arrive. Thanks for the link. Too bad they only have that one photo.
They have a gallery of other pictures from that article at: http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/ga...010%20S5%20MT6
Old 08-11-2010, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spilled Coffee?

Any experiences with the durability/maintenance? Just in case the wife spilled some coffee? Leather has proven pretty bullet proof in my A6.

Quick Reply: Alcantara interiors