Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

All Season Tires: Michelin PS AS3

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Season Tires: Michelin PS AS3

Anyone using Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's for Winter set-up on 19" wheels 255.35.19
I've read a lot of good things about them. Going to get cold in NYC pretty soon and
don't want to drive on hockey pucks. On my last Audi 2001 S4 Avant I used to sets of
wheels for winer and summer. Would prefer not to do that on the S5.
Try to stay off the roads in heavy snow.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a set of the Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus. From my understanding, the AS3 is a better tire.

Taking them in the snow was not bad at all. Was it as good as snow tire? Definitely not. Did I feel comfortable and confident on the road during snowy weather? Absolutely.

They will be fine for conservative driving in the snow. Don't be aggressive and don't think you are invincible. Like you said, stay off the roads in heavy snow.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight
Anyone using Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's for Winter set-up on 19" wheels 255.35.19
I've read a lot of good things about them. Going to get cold in NYC pretty soon and
don't want to drive on hockey pucks. On my last Audi 2001 S4 Avant I used to sets of
wheels for winer and summer. Would prefer not to do that on the S5.
Try to stay off the roads in heavy snow.
When I purchased my Audi A5, the plan ws to sell the 2001 A4, but I decided to keep thru this winter. I never took the Blizzaks of from last winter, so I plan on driving the A4 thru any treacherous N.E wintery weather. They really served me well last year in NJ/NY
Old 11-05-2013, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just put the Pilot Sport AS3's 255/35/19 on my S5 for the fall/winter (I live in New England). They're a new tire for Michelin so I don't think that anyone will have feedback on how they handle in the snow but I have used Michelin AS tires in past fall/ winters and they have been good. I'm sure you read a lot of the same reviews as I did on my AS3's and that pretty much sold me on them. They look really good too. I didn't intend to but I sold my summer tires because I was so impressed with them right off the bat and I'm going to run them year round. My wife drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee so if there is snow on the ground I normally drive the Jeep. Check out some of the YouTube videos on AS3's when you're researching. If you don't do much snow driving, I'd say go for it.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by d-tronics
I just put the Pilot Sport AS3's 255/35/19 on my S5 for the fall/winter (I live in New England). They're a new tire for Michelin so I don't think that anyone will have feedback on how they handle in the snow but I have used Michelin AS tires in past fall/ winters and they have been good. I'm sure you read a lot of the same reviews as I did on my AS3's and that pretty much sold me on them. They look really good too. I didn't intend to but I sold my summer tires because I was so impressed with them right off the bat and I'm going to run them year round. My wife drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee so if there is snow on the ground I normally drive the Jeep. Check out some of the YouTube videos on AS3's when you're researching. If you don't do much snow driving, I'd say go for it.

I pulled the trigger and put on the AS3's. Weather is still pretty warm in NYC. I did keep my summer Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. They are practically brand new. 3,200. miles on them. Have 100 miles on the new AS3's.
At this point, I can only report they are not noisy and they make slightly more noise over road seams.
As i've said, I try not to drive in snow if I can help it. As the NYC weather turns more winter like, I'll report back.
By the way, tires look great.