Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Anyone get an actual Audio loaner from the dealer for regular service?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought Audi made this requirement when they were going through their dealer network upgrade? It's really unnacceptable as none of the other luxo manufacturers don't offer loaners at every dealer.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always get an A4 as a loaner from my dealer. It could be cause they're just awesome!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by acadia
... as none of the other luxo manufacturers don't offer loaners at every dealer.
The "none ... don't offer ..." confuses me. Can you rephrase this please, since I want to capture your point. Are you trying to say that no luxury car manufacturers offer loaners at every dealer?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acadia
I thought Audi made this requirement when they were going through their dealer network upgrade? It's really unnacceptable as none of the other luxo manufacturers don't offer loaners at every dealer.
Actually BMW can be hit and miss - while the vast majority of dealers offer loaners, some only offer them when the car was purchased there.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PetC
The "none ... don't offer ..." confuses me. Can you rephrase this please, since I want to capture your point. Are you trying to say that no luxury car manufacturers offer loaners at every dealer?
He's saying that Audi is the only luxury maker that doesn't provides free loaners at all their dealerships.

However, except for Lexus I don't believe this is actually the case, although most luxury makes seem to do a better job of it than Audi.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mnemons
Audi Willow Grove utilizes Enterprise Rental. Most of time, you get Chevy, Dodge or VW Jetta from Enterprise. More importantly, you need to call ahead to make sure there will be non-Audi loaner available.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Awesome User

Yes.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer in Austin, TX is weak like that too. I go in for service and drive off in a Subaru.

I was expecting more from a luxury dealer, so was quite disappointed. And unfortunately for me, Austin has no other dealer alternative.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi A4 or Porsche Cayenne for us.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've been shopping around...

I bought my S5 at Audi Willow Grove. They gave me an A6 loaner once as part of some work they did to close the sale (clear bra installation). The rest of the services were ****ty toyota aris/corrolla through their in-house Enterprise desk. Literally, I was lucky to return the cars in one piece even though they were so junky (and I have nothing against economy cars - my last was a '91 honda accord with 250k miles).

I then tried YBH Audi in Edgemont, PA for my 15k, but I waited in the lobby because they assured me it would only take 1.5 hours. (It took 3)

I have an appointment on Friday with Audi Wynnewood to check out a sticky clutch pedal. I made sure to request an Audi loaner, and of course they said they'll see what they can do.

Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Anyone get an actual Audio loaner from the dealer for regular service?