Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Anyone with leasing S5 information? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone with leasing S5 information? Thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Had a very high money factor. Was cheaper just to finance the car over a longer period.

But, I guess the point of leasing is to get to use the car for a few years, so you may not want to keep it as long as I will, in owning the car. On a 48 month lease, the payments were still about $850 per/mo incl. tax, even with 8k down at signing. This would have been a 15,000 mi per year lease, if you're selecting a lower allowable mileage per year it will bring down the price, although not significantly. The money factor, or interest rate, is what really hurts the deal. I don't remember the figures, as I finished my purchase a couple weeks ago, but, the low production, and high desirability of the S5 has made it unnecessary for Audi Financial Services to have aggressive rates. And the estimated residual value at the end of your lease term will also greatly effect the monthly payment. This value depends on a lot of factors, like mileage, and even the optional equipment you choose. And, they are pretty stingy when it comes to what they estimate an S5's value to be in 3-4 years. So, that's what I know. For me it was cheaper to buy, but I hope this helps you out some.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Had a very high money factor. Was cheaper just to finance the car over a longer period.

Great this helps alot. My lease on 04 S4 is up in Jan and thinking about the S5. I had a great lease rate on my S4.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind me asking, what rate did you receive?
Old 12-05-2007, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Had a very high money factor. Was cheaper just to finance the car over a longer period.

Why on earth would you ever put $8000 down on a lease? That makes no sense at all, with your figures the lease rate is like $1100 per month and you are better off putting your $8000 in the bank and drawing off it monthly...that's Porsche money easily. This is a $60000 car, the lease rate should be $850 with no significant money down.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: If you don't mind me asking, what rate did you receive?

I have not talked to the dealer yet regarding the S5 lease. My 04 S4 lease: $0 down, $639/mo (before 8.75% tax), 36 months, 15k mile/year, residual $21,200.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well.. good choice and timming...

However read the posts about availability, unless you take whatever is on the floors right now, take your number, patience and join the LONG line.

:-)
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Woah.. that's a low residual

But in general terms, you got a heck of a deal there... not even close for S5's at the moment.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I wouldn't. The salesman showed me a lot of monthly payment plans based on various criteria

8k at signing was just one of them. I didn't make the numbers either, in fact, it was quite a struggle to even get lease numbers, like the money factor or residual from the dealer. My delivery is estimated in Feb, and they refuse to quote any number near-reasonable per chance that the market changes or my credit bombs or something.... I should have mentioned those numbers were not exact quotes, rather a high estimate/worst case scenario. And lastly, soooo many numbers have been in my head lately, I might have mixed this one with that one ect.... So, if the math works out to $850 per month with nothing at signing, that's probably what the figure was from, and the e-mail is gone from my mailbox. Either way, that's more expensive than financing over a longer term, so that's why I just bought.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Anyone with leasing S5 information? Thanks.

Here is the latest leasing info I was quoted from a dealer. This program is effective until January 1.

Money Factor: .00294 (this is the dealer sell rate, i dont know their buy rate, but it is typically at least 2 basis points lower -.00274) This is a profit center for the dealer.
Residual on 36 month lease: 57% @ 15k/ year, 59% @ 12k/year. Add 1% on residual with maintenance contract.
The three things that determine a good lease are: high residual, low money factor, and purchase price discount off of MSRP, since residual is based on MSRP. This money factor is typical for a lease that is not subvented by the manufacturer. The residual on this vehicle is very good, much better than typical for Audi.

Quick Reply: Anyone with leasing S5 information? Thanks.