Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Anyone's New Ride scheduled to arrive in Port of Davisville around July 26th?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone's New Ride scheduled to arrive in Port of Davisville around July 26th?

Hi All,

My new A5 Cab is scheduled to arrive in port July 26th. Since I am in Connecticut, I assume the port is Davisville, RI.

I would like to find out the ship it is on so I can track the transatlantic voyage. The car was loaded at Emden, Germany July 16th. I tried identify the vessel and track through websites offered in previous posts, but no identifying information is available anymore for loading dates that far back.

If I can somehow get the ship's name, I can track it. So, if anyone knows the name, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a '13 A5 Cab coming in around that time. We are in Maryland and guess the ship will still come in up there instead of Baltimore.

the ship that left Emden and is scheduled to arrive at Davisville on the 25th is the Onyx Ace. Was originally scheduled to arrive at port on the 27th.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was told today that ship is due in two to three days at Davisville RI. Will sit at port for about 5 days and be at dealer (New York) on or around August 6th or 7th.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lmariorod
Was told today that ship is due in two to three days at Davisville RI. Will sit at port for about 5 days and be at dealer (New York) on or around August 6th or 7th.
This is coming from your sales rep at the dealer?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 78lion
I have a '13 A5 Cab coming in around that time. We are in Maryland and guess the ship will still come in up there instead of Baltimore.

the ship that left Emden and is scheduled to arrive at Davisville on the 25th is the Onyx Ace. Was originally scheduled to arrive at port on the 27th.
Thanks so much! The dealer told me that after arriving in Davisville on July 26th, the cars offloading there will be available to truckers for transport August 1st.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Don't be too disappointed if the car is at port for more than 5 days. Recently, the agent at Davisville (NORAD) has been backed up with customs, inspections, accessory installs, etc. Even after releasing to the carrier, truck availability and actually loading before departure was taking somewhat longer than usual. FWIW, I received the first U.S. 2013 A6 on 7/6 (or so I was told) and it still took 10 days to get it from port arrival to the carrier. (My dealer is one hour away from port, so only one more day to the dealer).
Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes. He's already given me my VIN and told me that it would be here end of month. When I saw this original post, I decided to call today and he informed me of the pending boat arrival and the process of port to dealer.
Can't complain, I was expecting after labor day.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes. He's already given me my VIN and told me that it would be here end of month. When I saw this original post, I decided to call today and he informed me of the pending boat arrival and the process of port to dealer.
Can't complain, I was expecting after labor day.
Yeah -- I'm debating whether to call my sales rep. I have been trying not to bother him. All he gave me was a date he expected it to be ready for me at the dealership - August 25th (and that was 2 months ago).

I wouldn't mind having the port dates and VIN #.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Call him. That's his job. As you can see from my avatar, I'm a betting man.
I'll bet that it's on it's way or has at least a VIN # and possibly/hopefully on this same boat.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 78lion

You say Davisville " instead of Baltimore." I believe the Onyx Ace is due in Baltimore on the 28th, after departung Davisville.

Quick Reply: Anyone's New Ride scheduled to arrive in Port of Davisville around July 26th?