Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Anyone's New Ride scheduled to arrive in Port of Davisville around July 26th?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called and said I wanted an e-mail of my order status print-out. We'll see what happens. Thanks guys
Old 07-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

FYI all fellow obsessive trackers:

The Onyx Ace has just anchored in Davisville, RI
Old 07-26-2012, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok, I have my VIN # at least. I don't know if anyone on here has the ability to look it up to get me more information?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by dmbcrew36
Ok, I have my VIN # at least. I don't know if anyone on here has the ability to look it up to get me more information?

Thanks
Unless you have some inside track with AOA, I don't think there is any resource outside your dealer to get the full report. If your dealer has the VIN, he can easily pull up the status report. Not sure why your sales guy is being uncooperative. It takes just a few minutes to pull up the report and fax or email it to you.

I would simply ask him why this is an issue for him to do so. Other dealers do it all the time for their customers. It shouldn't be a big deal. Mine was happy to do it for me as soon as he had the VIN.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by turbinejunkie
it looks like the Onyx Ace is right on time to be docked today...super psyched..

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
On to Baltimore!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My S4 is on the same boat. Looks like arrival to Baltimore port scheduled for tomorrow 07/27 (which is exactly what my paperwork says).

My dealer is in Rockville MD. Anyone have any guesses on whether there is chance I could get the car delivered before the stated "Week of 8/6" - which puts it exactly 10 days out. As stated in this thread, apparently there is a back log at port.

I will call my rep tomorrow to see if the update reflects a better ETA....

As stated by others, the waiting gets worse when you get close to delivery. I can hardly get any work done!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kasher_khan
My S4 is on the same boat. Looks like arrival to Baltimore port scheduled for tomorrow 07/27 (which is exactly what my paperwork says).

My dealer is in Rockville MD. Anyone have any guesses on whether there is chance I could get the car delivered before the stated "Week of 8/6" - which puts it exactly 10 days out. As stated in this thread, apparently there is a back log at port.

I will call my rep tomorrow to see if the update reflects a better ETA....

As stated by others, the waiting gets worse when you get close to delivery. I can hardly get any work done!!!!
We could be picking up same day, same dealership!!
Don't know if the backlog is specifically at Baltimore.

My paperwork says "week of 8/6" not 8/6.

Hopeful that it can be done that week as we are headed to the beach that weekend. Much better trip in a Cab.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 78lion
On to Baltimore!
I saw that too...that goes in line with what my dealer said...may be my car is being dropped at Baltimore and not davisville...I thought Audi's explicitly used Davisville...well..whats 10 more days ehhh ???
Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by turbinejunkie
I saw that too...that goes in line with what my dealer said...may be my car is being dropped at Baltimore and not davisville...I thought Audi's explicitly used Davisville...well..whats 10 more days ehhh ???
From the track it's taking, can't be going to Baltimore. Can't get to Baltimore via Delaware Bay/River.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 78lion
From the track it's taking, can't be going to Baltimore. Can't get to Baltimore via Delaware Bay/River.
I stand corrected. Odd way to go, but must be a bit shorter than up the Chesapeake.

Quick Reply: Anyone's New Ride scheduled to arrive in Port of Davisville around July 26th?