Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi A5/S5 Moonroof criticisms

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
potential buyers running to BMW and MB. It just tilts up a few inches, but is nice and large. Its fairly worthless, but not a huge item. car more than makes up for it so many ways.
It's laughable because it isn't true. There is no evidence or official documentation that Audi is losing sales due to the sunroof. I call BS on this thread or some of it's contents. Like you said, the real joke would be someone who avoided this fine car due to the sunroof.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the biggest deal is that people buy the car making assumptions that the sunroof does what every sunroof does.. and then they are amazed that it only cracks open. I know this was my experience. But I would be in the group that so rarely opens a sunroof that it's no biggee to me.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Count me in the group that misses a retracting sunroof. I use it all the time in my S4 and though it certainly didn't stop me buying (and loving) my new S5, it is one of the few negatives for the car. I understand that there is no room for it to retract and I certainly wouldn't want to undermine the styling just for the sunroof, it is a shame you can't just pop the panel out and toss it in the trunk when you want...
Old 05-21-2009, 01:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm glad its driving a bunch of people to a freakin' MB and BMW. They deserve what they get.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in the "sunny south," where it's too hot to open the sunroof anyhow. It does let in the light when you want it.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gibber
I live in the "sunny south," where it's too hot to open the sunroof anyhow. It does let in the light when you want it.
I live in the "sitting in ball soup on a hot summer day south", and there's no need to open a sun roof....
Old 05-24-2009, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by HoustonA5
I live in the "sitting in ball soup on a hot summer day south", and there's no need to open a sun roof....
there's no need to open a sun roof and yet you had a convertible TT.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's not a deal breaker for me, but it will weigh in heavily on my final decision. I'm not sure where you guys all live, but here in SOCAL it's a beautiful day 7-8 months out of the year and I have my moonroof open pretty much all that time outside of extreme heat for 2 months in the summer and the few weeks of rainy weather we have.

I think it sucks that a nice car at this price doesn't have a sliding moonroof.. and no, i do not want to pay extra for the convertible.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

I never open my sunroof. At most, tilt it open. I'd rather have the A5's moonroof.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Winefool
Count me in the group that misses a retracting sunroof. I use it all the time in my (ride)... it is one of the few negatives for the car. I understand that there is no room for it to retract and I certainly wouldn't want to undermine the styling just for the sunroof, it is a shame you can't just pop the panel out and toss it in the trunk when you want...
I agree with everything here completely. It isn't a 'deal breaker' but not having a 'real' sunroof is not pleasing.

Quick Reply: Audi A5/S5 Moonroof criticisms