Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi A5 Steering Vibration Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Love My A5
I could not agree more. Mine vibrated constantly. My stereo cut in and out randomly (like many others here). Both of my windows made horrible sounds and had regulators replaced more than once (this created excessive wind and water leaks because the dealer never aligned the correctly), my heat and a/c would randomly not come on. My favorite issue- Wipers would randomly shut off and would not respond to any position on the wiper stalk, leaving me sitting in the break down lane of the highway cursing my choice to buy an Audi.

Enough was enough and I traded it for another brand and could not be happier with my decision. Don't listen to the guy who quotes Consumer Reports. My A5 was the most unreliable squeaky, noisy, piece of crap I ever spent 48k on. I will never buy another Audi, nor will I allow any family member.
Once again, time to change your user name
Old 02-21-2011, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by no cell
Once again, time to change your user name
you are correct.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I could not agree more. Mine vibrated constantly. My stereo cut in and out randomly (like many others here). Both of my windows made horrible sounds and had regulators replaced more than once (this created excessive wind and water leaks because the dealer never aligned the correctly), my heat and a/c would randomly not come on. My favorite issue- Wipers would randomly shut off and would not respond to any position on the wiper stalk, leaving me sitting in the break down lane of the highway cursing my choice to buy an Audi.

Enough was enough and I traded it for another brand and could not be happier with my decision. Don't listen to the guy who quotes Consumer Reports. My A5 was the most unreliable squeaky, noisy, piece of crap I ever spent 48k on. I will never buy another Audi, nor will I allow any family member.
Consumer Reports and True Delta are far more trustworthy than disgruntled, judgmental North American Audi (or former Audi) financiers, leasers and owners on Audi message boards (who clearly have or have lemons, imcompetent dealers or both and refuse to admit it) such as yourself and many others, Love My A5.

Last edited by Audi S5 TC; 02-21-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by hwks1
Mine did it until I had just over 10k miles on the tires... then just went away. Dealer refused to do anything so I just learned to hate the car.

Vibration will only be the first issue you encounter with your car.
Only if he has a lemon, imcompetent dealer or any combination of both (like you and many other disgruntled, judgmental North American Audi financiers, leaser and owners on the Audi message boards), hwks1. Otherwise, no (so says, CR and TD, who are far more trustworthy than people like you).
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Audi S5 TC
Consumer Reports and True Delta are far more trustworthy than disgruntled, judgmental North American Audi (or former Audi) financiers, leasers and owners on Audi message boards (who clearly have or have lemons, imcompetent dealers or both and refuse to admit it) such as yourself and many others, Love My A5. So shut the hell up with your stupid, inaccurate comments!
I never refused to admit I had a lemon, "imcompetent" dealer or both.

When someone asks for an opinion on whether they should buy a car and asks if anyone has experienced problems with one, I am going to chime in. I am very sorry you don't agree with my thinking. Hope your day gets better.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I never refused to admit I had a lemon, "imcompetent" dealer or both.

When someone asks for an opinion on whether they should buy a car and asks if anyone has experienced problems with one, I am going to chime in. I am very sorry you don't agree with my thinking. Hope your day gets better.
Whatever.

However, if you bought a Chrysler product or any European brand outside of the Volkswagen/Audi Group, then you are in for a real nightmare that will make your experience with the Volkswagen/Audi Group look like a day at the beach by comparison.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Love My A5;24107435]I could not agree more. Mine vibrated constantly. My stereo cut in and out randomly (like many others here). Both of my windows made horrible sounds and had regulators replaced more than once (this created excessive wind and water leaks because the dealer never aligned the correctly), my heat and a/c would randomly not come on. My favorite issue- Wipers would randomly shut off and would not respond to any position on the wiper stalk, leaving me sitting in the break down lane of the highway cursing my choice to buy an Audi.

Enough was enough and I traded it for another brand and could not be happier with my decision. Don't listen to the guy who quotes Consumer Reports. My A5 was the most unreliable squeaky, noisy, piece of crap I ever spent 48k on. I will never buy another Audi, nor will I allow any family member.[/QUOT

I DO LOVE MY A5 so why dont you trade your username here with me?
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=beerme1;24107300]Anything you care to sxpound on? We are seriuosly looking at an
A5 right now and have some reservations.[/]

Just seems to be a lot of little things that I havent experienced in a long time with a new car. I am not particularly picky and I can tolerate many things but it just gets tiring with my car.

Started with vibration then the water pump, rattle in passenger door. Sound system does weird stuff, the door sensors crapped out already. The backup camera works every other day. The side assist used to shut down every 10 minutes but mysteriously that seems to have gone away - no idea why? The iPod interface in the glove box is just about the dumbest idea ever - especially when it is prone to not initializing the iPod....and forget the IPod Touch because that doesn't seem to work at all.

Nothing major (except water pump) yet......but every day I get in, I wonder....what might be next? That's a big distraction from the enjoyment of the car

But on the plus side......it does look darned nice!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The vibration issue is a know problem with A/S5 thru 2010. Search some of the Audi forums for more info and the TSB for it.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A5 vibration

I have a 2009 A5 3.2 V6 and driving off the lot I had the vibration issues when I went 50-60 mph. The control arms needed replacing and the replacement has bigger bushings. Do not listen to the dealer if they say anything different. First they will replace one (or in my case three) tires. Then they will claim the tires need rebalancing. Keep on them until you get the control arms replaced. I did! I spent a full day pissed off at the dealership with my brand new 48k car in the shop with less than 5k miles. I waited while they went through everything and I went on test drives with the mechanics to show them I'm not out of my mind. Finally they ordered the parts (had to get approval from audi north America in Mich.) and it was all covered by warranty. I now have 35k on the car and no vibration issues. Good luck to you! Don't take other explanations from the dealer!

Quick Reply: Audi A5 Steering Vibration Question