Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi bringing the S-tronic to 2011 S5 Coupe???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi bringing the S-tronic to 2011 S5 Coupe???

Ive been reading on this forum that Audi will? But some say it wont? If I order the 2011 S5 coupe for pick up in Sept, will it have the S-tronic?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

only if it has the supercharged V6, but no one will know for sure for a few months.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gd10
only if it has the supercharged V6, but no one will know for sure for a few months.
Check www.audi.de and if you don't see it there, I doubt there will ever be an S-Tronic S5 or even a V6T trim.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ayecarumba
Check www.audi.de and if you don't see it there, I doubt there will ever be an S-Tronic S5 or even a V6T trim.
In late 2011 for 2012 at the absolute latest, the S5 coupe will get the S/C V6 and S Tronic. This is confirmed and official. Model year 2011 is the last year for the V8 and Tiptronic in the S5 coupe (this is also confirmed and official). Apparently, you still do NOT frigging get this, ayecarumba! Everybody other than you gets this. Now is the time for you to get this (through your super thick skull, that is)! GEESH!!!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Audi S5 TC
In late 2011 for 2012 at the absolute latest, the S5 coupe will get the S/C V6 and S Tronic. This is confirmed and official. Model year 2011 is the last year for the V8 and Tiptronic in the S5 coupe (this is also confirmed and official). Apparently, you still do NOT frigging get this, ayecarumba! Everybody other than you gets this. Now is the time for you to get this (through your super thick skull, that is)! GEESH!!!!!
Your "facts" are simply rumors my friend. No one officially speaking ( audi ag ) has confirmed nothing! the day 'www.audi.de' shows a V6T or S-tronic available, then 6 months later we will have it available here and until that day arrives.. keep on living in your fantasy dream world.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ayecarumba
Your "facts" are simply rumors my friend. No one officially speaking ( audi ag ) has confirmed nothing! the day 'www.audi.de' shows a V6T or S-tronic available, then 6 months later we will have it available here and until that day arrives.. keep on living in your fantasy dream world.
You are the one who is living in a fantasy dream world, NOT me! Everybody other than you knows that the S5 coupe is going to lose its V8 engine and Tiptronic transmission and get the S/C V6 and S Tronic transmission in late 2011 for 2012 at the absolute latest. Just accept it, deal with it, learn it, live it, respect it and understand it (regardless of how you feel about it otherwise)! That is my ultimatum to you, aycarumba!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. The v6T will be the new engine for 2012 and I was told this as we were touring the factory where are cars are made. Now that tells me the v8 is gone. If you look the new s4 is faster than the v8 and 100 pounds heavier. Bring on the v6t and 7 speed tranny.

You are the one who is living in a fantasy dream world, NOT me! Everybody other than you knows that the S5 coupe is going to lose its V8 engine and Tiptronic transmission and get the S/C V6 and S Tronic transmission in late 2011 for 2012 at the absolute latest. Just accept it, deal with it, learn it, live it, respect it and understand it (regardless of how you feel about it otherwise)! That is my ultimatum to you, aycarumba!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Banned

I am not saying it will not be available ever, I am only saying that for those out here who would like an approx. date of arrival, they should check the german audi website and when available, 6 months later or so it will arrive in the US. You are like a little kid LOL
Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Banned

As for your ultimatum, let's just say you wouldn't want to go that way, you never know whom you are speaking to, so learn to respect others opinions/thoughts or else...
Old 04-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went to the dealership, and they said I can place an order for the S5 coupe with the new V6T engine @@. Someone help me out with this. Is this true? or false?

Quick Reply: Audi bringing the S-tronic to 2011 S5 Coupe???