Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi Care Package. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbes
I've been debating the merits of buying Audi Care myself. I hadn't realized there was a 5-year limit. There is a very good chance I won't hit 45K within those 5 years (I live 4 miles from work). So now I'm thinking it wouldn't be a good deal for me.
I didn't know this either. I'm in the same situation. But I think you can have the services whenever you want (i.e. the 45K mile service when you only have 30K miles), so I'll probably use them all anyway.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AceOne31
I am debating on the same issue...

What's included in the maintenance?

oil and filter change at 10,000 miles??? or is it your normal 3,000?

If I drive the car about 8,000 miles per year... then is it really worth it?

I figure that they tend to scare people... I bought a Ducati 1098R and they told that the initial service was going to be $500 and they were selling a maintenance pkg for $950.... I was really skeptical about it... so I rolled the dice.... and took my chances.

When I went to the the initial maintenance... it only costed me $150.

Are high-end dealers using scare tactics?

Does anyone out there know the cost of maintenance? What's included in the maintenance schedule?
Audi Care is worth the price <b>if</b> you plan to service your vehicle at <b> an Audi dealership </b>

Here is what my dealer charges for scheduled maintenance:
15,000 and 35,000 miles - $339.95 (2.0L); $359.95 (3.2L); $429.95 (4.2L)
25,000 and 45,000 miles - $259.95 (2.0L); $279.95 (3.2L); $299.95 (4.2L)

Here is what should be included http://microsites.audiusa.com/my09/l...enance2009.pdf

Even if you don't do the 45K service, you save with Audi Care. Of course, you may save even more if you go to a local independent shop. But do you really want to service an A5/S5 under 50K at an indie?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by boxter

Even if you don't do the 45K service, you save with Audi Care. Of course, you may save even more if you go to a local independent shop. But do you really want to service an A5/S5 under 50K at an indie?
Yes I would. I have done it for eleven years. The place I use has a stellar rep and know MB's BMW's and Audi's inside out. They also handle Jags, Porsche and the occasional rarer European model.

Audi Service is incredibly expensive and depending on the dealer, you may get alot less than you think you are getting.

If you can find a good independent with good references, you are fine.

As an example, my dealer quoted $2,200 for the 90k checkup (that includes water pump and timing belt). I got it done for $1,200 at my place.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mgd99
Yes I would. I have done it for eleven years. The place I use has a stellar rep and know MB's BMW's and Audi's inside out. They also handle Jags, Porsche and the occasional rarer European model.

Audi Service is incredibly expensive and depending on the dealer, you may get alot less than you think you are getting.

As an example, my dealer quoted $2,200 for the 90k checkup (that includes water pump and timing belt). I got it done for $1,200 at my place.
That's fine by me. We all know that indies generally charge less that dealers... It's a no-brainer. Esp, for the 90k.

There were questions about the cost of maintenance and about what is included. I answered these questions very specifically. And I did mention about independent shops so it did not sound like I was trying to sell Audi Care. At the end, it's your own decision/preference which to use - a dealer or an independent shop. I'd only mention that you may miss out on TSBs if you go independent.

Last edited by Alex; 08-22-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just dropped off my 2010 A4 for its 15,000 mile service. I didn't get Audi Care before, and it has to be done before the 15k service. The service tech tried to sell it to me today. He said he'd even do the service and then sit on the invoice (est. $250) if I changed my mind and wanted to get the Audi Care. Since this covers the 15k, 25k, 35k, and 45k service plans, it seems like a no-brainer, right? (I drive the car about 22k miles a year, so the 5-year expiration isn't an issue.)
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you will be getting your car serviced at the dealer anyway, Audi Care is a no-brainer. It only becomes less clear if you would otherwise get your car serviced at an independent shop.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know if Audi provides any type of road-side assistance?

EDIT - Never mind

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...ssistance.html

Last edited by teky929rr; 04-13-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was thinking about the same thing .. however a friend tipped me off to some information.

Now, I'm not knocking any Audi service men/women that happen to be on this forum, but I heard the service is basically oil change, filter, and a not so thorough brake fluid change. For over $700, which is what is being offered to me, I don't see the need. And the fact that you're basically being over charged for those three things is just not worth the money, to me. The warranty already covers any bumper to bumper stuff .. and I've been changing oil since before I was a teenager. And now, it's not every 3,000miles, it's around 8k-9k for the A5 I plan on getting.

I'd probably just rather change my own oil, I don't see the harm on putting her up on jackstands or whatever once, twice the most, a year.

If you have the time, tools, ability/resources to get that sort of thing done for cheaper cost, don't even get it, I say.

If you really don't want to do any of that stuff, you're better off buying the package.

All comes down to personal opinion.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mgd99

This is also true. I'm fortunate to have a great mechanic who specializes in European cars 5 minutes from my house. He's got great rep' and does great mechanical work. Always has customers with the latest BMW's, Audi's, etc. in the lot for service, as well as older models as well.

So, even if I don't do the "maintenance" myself, I know I have a dependable mechanic that won't slap me over the head with a huge bill for something like an oil change.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Ryan1524
Yes. Consider that if anything were to go wrong, the first incident + labor will probably already pay for itself.
Agreed.

It added $6/mo to my lease payments, and improved the residual by a good amount. It pays for itself even if you don't have to service the car (which you do!)

Quick Reply: Audi Care Package. Worth it?