Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi Drive Select Feature?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Drive Select Feature?

Hi Guys, am I missing something here? Perhaps I somehow overlooked this feature but what the heck is this?

Check out this review of a <supposed> first US Spec S5 - very nicely done but this is the first I've ever seen regarding this feature - 3 seperate adjustments for Engine / Steering / Suspension for a total of 27 combinations

Not familiar with this, can anyone explain how this works?

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvAaQ4LuCE
Old 09-26-2007, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like the US S5 has drive select! awesome!!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default it's a brand new feature...

You can adjust the throttle sensitivity, steering effort and shock valving. The shocks are not Magnetic Ride seen on the TT & R8. It's closer to Porsche's PASM.

You have comfort, auto, dynamic, and individual.

Within individual, you can adjust (through the MMI) the throttle, steering and shock to either "comfort," "auto," or "dynamic."

Lots of options here!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here you go:

Audi drive select - up to four different cars in one

Those who drive the A4 hard and enthusiastically can choose between two sports suspension settings, or alternatively rely on an innovative technology - the innovative system known as Audi drive select. This is available in various stages, which influence an increasing number of technical components and functions on the car: accelerator pedal response, tiptronic shift points, power steering assistance, the steering ratio and the action of the electronically adjustable shock absorbers - another new feature.
The driver can select the comfort, auto or dynamic modes at switches on the centre console. If the A4 is equipped with the MMI control system, a fourth mode, "Individual", is available; this enables an individual profile of 24 settings to be configured. Audi drive select transforms a single A4 into up to four different cars - a range of driving pleasure, dynamism and ride comfort that is unmatched in the midsize car category.<ul><li><a href="http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_3389.shtml?page=1">&gt;The new Audi A4&lt;</a></li></ul>
Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default oh, and if you want an explanation of it, see the A4 press release:

and if you want to know more about the torque-vectoring differential, people have talked about it on this forum.<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/news/07/b8-a4-first-look/content2.shtml">half-way down the page</a></li></ul>
Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I don't think we are getting this initially. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think there was the intention to bring it on the S5 early on when the review was done. I also remember reading about it in the Quattro Quarterly, but there is no mention of it on the S5 in official print anywhere, not even in the sales brochure.

I don't think Audi would hide the feature if it was going to be available. It sure would be sweet though and I would hope that I'm wrong on this...
Old 09-26-2007, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default it seems odd that they didn't mention it, but there it is in the "flesh."

it sounds to me like audi's engineers have been busy.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default True - believe me (I want to be wrong). I just remember seeing the post about

the "teaser brochure" about 2 months ago. It was there in print but when I received my brochure from the dealer a few weeks ago, that portion was removed. I would think they would talk it up similar to what they did with the B8 A4. Maybe someone that has driven it recently (maybe a few posts down) can comment for us.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think that the launch of Audi Drive Select will be on the A4 first as this

has been officially announced.

Probably will see it in the A5/S5 only later (hopefully sooner than later).

Quick Reply: Audi Drive Select Feature?