Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi Order Tracking 2011 S5

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Order Tracking 2011 S5

I'm searching for info on the whereabouts of my S5. Ordered it in mid October.
I think my sales guy deals with a number of different lines, maybe doesn't know how to work the Audi system. I see guys on the forums who know what boat their car is on, what port, arrival time, date. I got BUPKAS!
As of this morning I do have a VIN. WAUGVAFR6BA044154. and a commission # F43160

Can anybody out there hit accessaudi.com and look it up for me?? Starvin!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cknoebel
I got BUPKAS!
As of this morning I do have a VIN. WAUGVAFR6BA044154. and a commission # F43160

Cannot find "BUPKAS" on sailwx website. You sure that name is correct?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
Cannot find "BUPKAS" on sailwx website. You sure that name is correct?
BTW...when you do get the name of the ship you can look it up here:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml

and follow it to your door here:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

GL!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm searching for info on the whereabouts of my S5. Ordered it in mid October.
I think my sales guy deals with a number of different lines, maybe doesn't know how to work the Audi system. I see guys on the forums who know what boat their car is on, what port, arrival time, date. I got BUPKAS!

I ordered my 2011 S5 Cab on October 15 and I haven't heard anything at all. Didn't know you would have a VIN already. Guess I should email the dealer?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's pretty funny! . . . Bupkas, as I understand it means "beans" in yiddish. In other words NOTHING"!
Or to use the other colorful slang - Ougatz- nothing.

Anyway, thanks, I've been looking on the ship tracker websites also. Somebody on this forum posted a PDF from Volkswagen Logistics and it has 3 ships arriving in Davisville in December: The Athens Highway lands on 12/10, The Excellent Ace on the 17th and Horizon Leader lands on the 22nd. I have no reason to believe my S5 is on any of these ships, but I'm still hoping for a phantom black Christmas.

In one of these threads, somebody offered to look up info on a car for another Audi aficionado on the accessaudi.com website. Apparently this is a new information network and my dealer is not yet taking advantage of it's services.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi- I bugged my sales guy mercilessly until he finally coughed up a VIN out of his internal system by putting in a commission #. The problem is, that's a dead end too. If I find any new tools to track I'll post them. Good luck, enjoy the Cab. Sweet car!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi- I bugged my sales guy mercilessly until he finally coughed up a VIN out of his internal system by putting in a commission #. The problem is, that's a dead end too. If I find any new tools to track I'll post them. Good luck, enjoy the Cab. Sweet car!
Thanks. The wait is excruciating, isn't it?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Brutal.
I have a 2008 A6 S-Line that's over miles on the lease by 10k. That car is sitting in my driveway or used as a grocerygetter for the wife. Currently commuting in my son's 2000 Sebring convertible with 115k mile, no heat and a rattly top. It was 21 degrees this morning. Front tire needs air every time it drops below 40. Brutal!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought it would be easier after I got my VIN because then the car would be real, but alas it has been significantly harder! My car is being loaded on the Bangkok Highway this week (hopefully!). Here is the link to the schedule of boats leaving Emden, Germany. http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf If you can get your dealer to tell you the port arrived date you can probably figure out what boat you are on.

Best of luck!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My saleswoman emailed me today that my ETA is the 2nd week in Feb. From her keyboard to God's ears. I ordered the car on November 21st so I'd be pleased with that time frame. I'm sure I'll be asking for help locating my car when it goes into production so thanks in advance.

ordered: A5 Coupe Premium Plus, Brilliant black w/black interior, no Nav.
driving now: 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe Silver

Quick Reply: Audi Order Tracking 2011 S5