Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi vs BMW

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a 3series convertible a couple years ago that I got rid of right away due to a terrible seat that aggravated my back and hip issues. I had a concern about the car and took it for service. The loaner was an Xdrive. It was the noisiest and most uncomfortable piece of garbage I ever rode in. My A5 rides great, handles great and is comfortable. It REALLY turns heads everywhere I go. I've never experienced that before. The BMW had wonderful power and sounded better than the 2.0T but I am willing to accept that for the other pluses I get with the Audi. I also feel that the Audi controls and ergonomics are better. Coming from a Toyota, I could find my way around the car and figures stuff out just from tinkering. The BMW had me grabbing the book a lot.

You have to drive both cars and see what feels good to you. You are asking Audi owners who are biased. Both cars have their pluses and minuses. A BMW forum is going to bash Audi.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You asked about AWD and while I can't give you a lot of science, but most magazines praise Quattro as the best performance AWD system.

As far as at what to buy, I say listen to your *****. Whichever car makes you lust for it more is the one you should get. For some, it's the razor sharp handling of the 3 series (dulled a bit in x form IMHO). For others, it's the power of an engine. For many on this forum, it's the sexy lines of the a5. My experience is that most guys can figure out what they really want if they drive both on the same day and then ask their ***** to decide (ladies will have to choose a different body part of course). Stop reading specs and asking opinions. You have to get lust involved more directly.

FWIW my ***** had to have an S5 and it arrives on Thursday. Woo Hoo!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

your ***** have expensive but great taste! your car sounds gorgeous! Post photos!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mathemagician

As far as at what to buy, I say listen to your *****.

FWIW my ***** had to have an S5 and it arrives on Thursday. Woo Hoo!
Congrats and thanks for the awesome post. I'm sure everyone is wondering what all the laughter is about in my office.

Unfortunately my ***** have "inspired" me into purchasing far too many vehicles over the years and have caused me to waste significant amounts of money in the form of depreciation -- but until today, I had just been blaming myself for these decisions. Who knew that it was my ***** this entire time??

Damn you, *****. Damn you.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

My ***** speak German. Unfortunately, I don't
Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting method for decision making. I haven't asked my ***** but I get the point.

Don't flame me but I think the 3-Series is a sportier drive while the A4 is fresher and less common. The A4 is also more fuel efficient.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

***** don't have brains.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a link to the different 4WD/AWD systems that are on the market ( http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...d_2.htm#Torsen ). It is a little outdated as the current Audi system is at least another generation more advanced than the one that is listed. But it does provide a basic insight to the different systems that are out there.

IIRC, I think Honda's SH-AWD system is the closest thing to the current generation of the Audi Quattro system.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default *****

Originally Posted by IAS5
***** don't have brains.
Hot girls won't lick your brain.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

boy, this thread went down the slippery slope (pardon the pun) real fast!!!!

Quick Reply: Audi vs BMW