Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Aux Input for MP3 on A5

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Input for MP3 on A5

First of all, i want to introduce mysel. I'm Nic from Houston, TX and I am proud to say that i am an Audi A5 Owner. I have never had an Audi before because I was all into japanese cars..lol. The new Audi A5 makes me irrisitable to own one. I just purchased a used 2009 A5 3.2 Prestige package and loving it every second of it.

Now I have a question and kind of disappointed about the music interface that Audi does not provide...in which the Aux Input to listen to MP3. I know a lot of you guys will tell me "just stick with an Ipod"...yes indeed..i have an Iphone 4 and have most of my favorite songs in the IPOD app..however, there are other applications that Iphone has where you can down load music as well and store them into the app. I CAN NOT LISTEN TO THOSE SONGS IN THE APP UNLESS ITS THE IPOD APP. The only way i can listen to the songs in the app is to have an aux input. I have found this one seller that has the connector on ebay and want to see what you guys think of it. Main question is that "will it work?"...but i guess no one knows until its plugged in and tested..

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDI-AMI-3-5MM-M...item2310022040

comments??????
Old 04-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nic_and_Van
First of all, i want to introduce mysel. I'm Nic from Houston, TX and I am proud to say that i am an Audi A5 Owner. I have never had an Audi before because I was all into japanese cars..lol. The new Audi A5 makes me irrisitable to own one. I just purchased a used 2009 A5 3.2 Prestige package and loving it every second of it.

Now I have a question and kind of disappointed about the music interface that Audi does not provide...in which the Aux Input to listen to MP3. I know a lot of you guys will tell me "just stick with an Ipod"...yes indeed..i have an Iphone 4 and have most of my favorite songs in the IPOD app..however, there are other applications that Iphone has where you can down load music as well and store them into the app. I CAN NOT LISTEN TO THOSE SONGS IN THE APP UNLESS ITS THE IPOD APP. The only way i can listen to the songs in the app is to have an aux input. I have found this one seller that has the connector on ebay and want to see what you guys think of it. Main question is that "will it work?"...but i guess no one knows until its plugged in and tested..

comments??????
From your post it sounds like you have the Audi Music Interface. If you do, you can get a cable with a 3.5mm jack to plug into your phone for use with Pandora or other applications. The cable isn't that long though, so you will probably need to pick up an extension cable somewhere.

With a 2009 you can also use the AMI Bluetooth adapter, which would allow you to keep the iPhone unplugged. The audio quality isn't quite as good as a wired connection but it is more convenient that way.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my suggestion

Originally Posted by Nic_and_Van

comments??????
I did some research and found this solution. I went to ebay and found a seller in Japan that sells the EOM USB jack for the A5. It listed for $22.50 but I got it for $22 w/free shipping. It arrived in less than 10 days. Unfortunately, my MP3 player isn't recognized by the system. However, I loaded my music from my computer onto a USB flash drive and it works fine. I also decided to order a SDHC mini card with full size adapter from Buy.com for $4 and a reader for $5 and transferred the music onto the card and it plays as well. You have a few options all of which will work.
I hope this answers your questions. Good luck