Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

AWE Touring Exhaust arrived :0

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWE Touring Exhaust arrived :0

AWE Touring Exhaust arrived package 1 of 2. Thanks Alex and Sean both @TagMotorsports and thank you AWE.

My AWE exhaust order with TagMotorsports was 6/20 and just today received the 1st exhaust package, tomorrow should complete the delivery. I don't know what is in the second package.

This is GORGEOUS. omg. I will document the install as much as possible without being a burden to the shop, and of course post vids of the sound, etc.

Also, a great guy named Jack Spinella at StaSIS is helping me to get a Challenge Edition suspension installed at my local Audi dealer who is not (yet) part of the StaSIS network. He is working with us and the dealer so that the product warranty will not be voided. That would be EXTREMELY cool if we can work it out.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

2nd package arrived..containing:

okay..loaded up the golf TDI with everything (boxes fit with hatch open, hehe) and took it to the shop for install tomorrow...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

At the shop:

We are stuck because we are missing a few clamps or brackets or something, they are looking for them now but might have to wait and call AWE tomorrow morning.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking forward to seeing the final results.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

The guys at the shop did this with their own clamps where the flexpipe attaches to the downpipe:

I'm still not sure if there is an AWE part for this clamp or if the shop guys thought it should have been included and did it because they thought it was best. Just heard AWE will send some clamps if need be but this should be fine. Thanks AWE!

The black tips are insanely gorgeous.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

The exhaust is in, and it is simply amazing.

I suggest anyone interested...move on an AWE Touring Exhaust. It's all that...no joke. It is the real thing.

Here is a quick video with clips taken on the way home from the install shop. [drool]

http://youtu.be/_uAarvX7uEU[/video]
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats Nic! Sounds awesome! They guys did a great install too! Love those tips..

How's the sound during cruise, and when not trying to sound too loud? Can it be pretty refined also and cool for pax that don't care for too loud, but right mean when you want it to?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Missing in the simple vid is the sophistication and refinement this exhaust has at regular levels - it is sublime, Mike. Wife says it's got class. I tried making it drone and could not. 4th gear at 1000 rpm with the pedal down.. It was civil and composed. Waiting. Hehe. It's amazing.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nicoli
Missing in the simple vid is the sophistication and refinement this exhaust has at regular levels - it is sublime, Mike. Wife says it's got class. I tried making it drone and could not. 4th gear at 1000 rpm with the pedal down.. It was civil and composed. Waiting. Hehe. It's amazing.
Hey.. nice sounding exhaust. Do you know if that exhaust fits a 2013 S5 Coupe (vs Cab)?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bilbo47
Hey.. nice sounding exhaust. Do you know if that exhaust fits a 2013 S5 Coupe (vs Cab)?
Hi, thanks! It is only getting better the more it gets worn in...starting to hear nice cracks and burbles and started hearing some great pops on upshifting this morning. Am really enjoying it. This system will expand and contact a bit at first - there was a sound that didn't quite belong yesterday morning so I had them put it back up on the lift, and the tech said it just was settling a bit, he tightened things and it's perfect now.

My understanding is that the Cab had the V6 engine already for a few model years now, but the coupe is brand new for the engine so they are still fitting things at AWE. I know Alex@Tagmotorsports could tell you more definitely or one of the AWE folks.

I just can't wait to drive it every day, that thing will make a high rev purr under mild pedal pressure that is just amazing, I can't seem to capture it well on the audio but it's just..wow. fun.