Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

b8 manual transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b8 manual transmission

I purchased my 2010 certified pre owned 30,000 a5 a couple of weeks back. I have never bought a used or certified pre-owned car before, this could be part of the problem. I am not sure if the previous owner maliciousely beat on the clutch or if i dont know how to perform excellently yet.

I have a few questions. I will put up pictures of my car soon. I am just getting everything together as i just moved from boca raton to new hampshire last month.

When i start the car in first gear and shift to second is ussually the most troubling transformation while driving. Is 'when you are releasing the clutch and give some gas, then when you feel the clutch start to grab, are you supposed to release in on motion or are you supposed to release clutch once in second gear and give some acceleration then once it starts to grab are you supposed to press clutch down a tinsy bit then accelerate and then release fully>

also at what rpms should you be shifting to get the car rolling

and at what rpm are you supposed to shift for best results>

i appreciate all recommendations to all you audi enthusiasts. much car love to go around, have been checking out all your cars on this site for a while now. i look forward to participating more indepth.