AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/)
-   -   Back from European Delivery (Tons of Pics!) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/back-european-delivery-tons-pics-2723048/)

S for Scarlet 10-07-2008 08:06 AM

Nope, just thought I'd make a more easily digestable gallery for Audiworld

You can see the full gallery with all the pics on my website.

chrisperez.net, go to photos section.

S for Scarlet 10-07-2008 08:09 AM

Thanks for the compliments

I have no problem with you copying some of these pictures for your personal use.

Also, in case you didn't know you can click on the pictures in the gallery for the full-size HD quality picture (resolution 1920x1080).

They look awesome on HDTV.

S for Scarlet 10-07-2008 08:11 AM

Not sure, wish I found out

I thought that was normal at first. But after my museum tour I went outside and they were all gone.

Not sure what may have been going on there.

Mcqueen 10-07-2008 08:55 AM

Re: Nope, just thought I'd make a more easily digestable gallery for Audiworld

I should have said originally that the pics were great. (the reason I noticed missing pics, was when I went to show my wife a few, they were missing)

I wish we could have done the Euro delivery, specifically for the type of trip you took.

So now you have to wait...

quickdrawTT 10-07-2008 12:07 PM

Congrats! I have some questions for you . . .

I placed my order for ED of an S5 a couple of weeks ago. I'm excited and looking forward to the trip. How long after you ordered yours did you receive confirmation? How long from then to delivery? Did you spend more than one night in Ingolstadt? What other cities did you hit, and where did you drop off at? How was the drop off experience? Thanks for your help!

BavarianDriver 10-08-2008 06:05 AM

Congratulations and thanks for the great pix, best way to buy a car.

S for Scarlet 10-08-2008 07:43 AM

I got answers...

I placed my order on 4/7/08 for a Tiptronic S5 (I think that made my delivery quicker since the list for manual S5 was longer).

My order got pulled into allocation around 7/15/08 and I got Audi Care Package on 8/8/08. That's when I got a letter that my build week would be 08/25/08 (it really didn't get built until 2 weeks later though) and got word that I could schedule travel for a European delivery on 09/22/08.

I picked the car up on 09/23/08 and dropped off 10/02/08. I don't have any information for when to expect the car to arrive here at my dealership, but I'm hoping its only another month.

I only spent one night in Ingolstadt (Audi paid for hotel here), its a pretty small town and we had a lot on our agenda. The rest of our itinerary went like this....

Day 2: Munich
Day 3: Schwangau (see Neuschwanstein castle) and Innsbruck, Austria (stayed night here)
Day 4: Planned to drive on Grossglockner Road but it was closed, drove and stayed in Lienz, Austria (cute, small town)
Day 5: Drove along Great Dolomite road while heading to Bolzano, Italy
Day 6/7: Drove Stelvio Pass while heading to Bormio, Italy (stayed at Bagni di Bormio Spa Resort, which I highly recommend if you like that sort of thing).
Day 8: Zurich, Switzerland
Day 9: Munich, Germany
Day 10: Drop off in Garching, and fly back to States

If I were to plan trip again, I probably wouldn't go as far as Switzerland again. Driving along windy mountain rides for hours takes a lot out of you. I planned my trip around 3 great scenic roads (Grossglockner, Dolomites, Stelvio), if I did it again, would probably only do 2 max.

Drop off experience went fine, but was a little less formal than I expected. Basically, one guy in a small office that took care of it (copied all paperwork, signed a few things). Took about 45minutes, and then I was off to airport.

quickdrawTT 10-08-2008 12:32 PM

Thanks so much for the information. Can't wait!