Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

BMW to AUDI

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While the BMW drives great the Run Flats take away a ton, look at tires every 10K and thumping when cold for the first 5 miles on run flats. I loved my BMW even my 2005 M3 with it's very hard ride but enough is enough. To many problems with the 335's Fuel pumps turbo lag tire problems and so forth. I don't know many people that drag race everyday so what' sin a 1/2 second 0-60. I rather have mid range and comfort any day. My 335 was as fast as my M3 and you did not have to wind it out like the M3. The Audi is a very good all around car. I had a 2003 A4 and put in a APR chip for $500.00. Now that car ran great. The 4 cyl Audi has a great engine that can be chipped easy.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I waited 7 weeks for a 328i convertible and got rid of it in three weeks due to some very serious comfort issues. I have hip problems and a fussy lower back. I couldn't stand to sit in the car. The engine was incredible. It was smooth as silk, sounded great and had lots of pull. I appreciated the adaptive headlights. They were awesome. I thought the ride was rougher than I cared for at times.

I went back to a Solara convertible that I found slightly used and was going to stick with that until I saw the A5 Cabriolet in photos and was smitten. The coupes were catching my eye every time I saw one so a convertible version got me very excited.

After 7.5 months of owning the Audi, I can say that it doesn't run like a BMW (because of the 2.0T) but I love the ride, the comfortable seat and the spacious trunk. I think the BMW felt more like the price asked. Give me more engine without that booming sound like the S5 and I'd be even happier.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had an e46 m3 cab, and later an e46 m3 coupe. Loved both, and definitely miss the handling compared to the "femenine" steering on the S5. In every other respect I much prefer the Audi.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pesos
I had an e46 m3 cab, and later an e46 m3 coupe. Loved both, and definitely miss the handling compared to the "femenine" steering on the S5. In every other respect I much prefer the Audi.
Sprint blue? niceeee what does plate letter stand for?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rtfm

=)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pesos
lol and NUB?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

NUB = Noob = Newbie

:-)

Love the plate.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

thanks for the comments and comparisons. i'm trying to decide between a 328ix and the A5 myself.

points in favor of the 328ix: fully opening sunroof and a less 'closed-in' feeling.

points in favor of the a5: nicer to drive, prettier styling.

of course, since i've never owned either i cannot comment much more. these are my observations of the test-drives i've done so far.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I drove a 325 for years and recently traded it for an A5. The main reason is that I wanted a change. I was very happy with my BMW, but when I went to test drive a new one, it was so similar to my existing car that it was hard to get too excited about. I knew I'd love it, but probably wouldn't get too giddy driving it home. When I first saw the A5 I was in love with the design, but was very hesitant to buy a coup and also didn't know much about Audi. When I first got the A5 I had major buyers remorse, but months later I'm happy with my purchase. What's great about the A5 is that it looks and drives like a sports car but is also very practical in that it drives great in the snow and gets pretty decent gas mileage. Even though I'm very happy with the A5, I still feel the BMW seems a lot more classy and refined. The A5 interior seems cheap in comparison and looks more like a Japanese car IMHO, I think they could stand to improve their interior. The exterior is gorgeous though and it really drives amazing. Overall very happy with my decision, now I just wish they'd offer better deals and lease rates, I'm getting raped on mine!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know.

I drove a 325i convertible for a number of years. While a very nice car, peppy, etc. they are just so common these days that I don't think I would enjoy it any more. Also, the electronics are crap these days, and the interior sooooo dated.

Now, I am awaiting an S5 cab.

The car seems as peppy, and I really do like the feel of AWD in a sports car (last car was a 911 Turbo). The interior is FAR superior to that of the BMW and the electronics are wonderful.

I am not a speed-freak nor a car "enthusiast" but someone who wants some fun in their drive and the ability to have the car perform multiple duties. I think the new S5 will do all of that for me. However, I have to wait until September in order to be sure.

Quick Reply: BMW to AUDI