Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Madlife5
Thanks for the NAmotorsports link, I had not come across that one in my initial search... Q: Was you car lowered? Is it general knowledge that- all other things equal; the Rieger kit rides lower than Caractare??

DavidRS4- Big Break is definitely on the list
My car, at the time the kit was installed, was hugging the ground on coilovers. The caractere front end is like and inch lower then the stock a5 front end.
With my stock suspension back on, I can even park over parking pylons and get out of driveways like stock

It very common knowledge that Rieger is MUCH lower then anything out there - and that fiberglass kits just don't last
Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidRS4
I would do a Big Brake Kit and then coilovers before the body kit
Personally I would do it the other way around - coilovers first then BBK. since coilovers give you better performance even in every-day driving and teh lowered look can be appealing. As for body kits - they're not my cup of tea. It's a lot of money for something that only the real afficianados would recognize or appreciate. Perhaps if you live someplace with a lot of S5's around and you want to look a bit different driving around town - OK. Madlife - I bet in Iowa you probably don't see to many other S5's around very often, so what's the point? Save your money for a good set of coilovers (I highly recommend the STaSIS/Ohlins SL suspension), join your local Audi Club and participate in a few track day events and you'll become a better driver and really begin to appreciate the capabilities of the car.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm yet to see a body kit that does not make the A5/S5 look worse. If you want to mod your car, get new wheels, exhaust, etc. and skip the plastic add-ons.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChipB
Personally I would do it the other way around - coilovers first then BBK. since coilovers give you better performance even in every-day driving and teh lowered look can be appealing. As for body kits - they're not my cup of tea. It's a lot of money for something that only the real afficianados would recognize or appreciate. Perhaps if you live someplace with a lot of S5's around and you want to look a bit different driving around town - OK. Madlife - I bet in Iowa you probably don't see to many other S5's around very often, so what's the point? Save your money for a good set of coilovers (I highly recommend the STaSIS/Ohlins SL suspension), join your local Audi Club and participate in a few track day events and you'll become a better driver and really begin to appreciate the capabilities of the car.
I also highly recommend the STaSIS coilovers. Personally I like being able to stop faster first And with the dynamic setting the car has much better handling then the older S4s did already.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
I'm yet to see a body kit that does not make the A5/S5 look worse. If you want to mod your car, get new wheels, exhaust, etc. and skip the plastic add-ons.
yep
Old 10-13-2011, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by no cell
yep
So by your guys reasoning... my car looks horrible??

keep the compliments POURING - i love it
Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cabriolow
I don't think it looks horrible, but the stock S5/S-line bumper looks better IMO. Those lower grills are a tad too large.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The performance mods you guys have suggested are definitely going on the list. I plan on hanging on to Svenja for a while (yup, that’s her name… German name meaning “swan”, she’s black= “black swan” ) so she will be a work in progress for a bit to come.

Love where this thread is going- that’s one of the things that I think is so cool about moding. Not every mod is for everyone- really is a personal taste/preference thing. It’s always funny to me when I see a mod I think is absolutely atrocious and the owner is just head over heels about it…haha, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
Cabriolow- car looks great! Def like the more aggressive look of your bumper over stock.

DavidRS4, you are correct there are very few S5s here… actually I can’t remember seeing more than two others here in Des Moines... seen a few A5s. Anyways, where modding a vehicle is concerned I often look for what I think looks great to me and don’t worry too much about impressing others (Although it is extra sweet when you get a nod from a fellow owner). I like to think I have a pretty decent/tasteful, classy sense of style.

is there a section on this forum while members have albums loaded? Maybe i didnt look hard enough, but i can seem to find that.

Thanks again gents.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cabriolow
I like the headlights (no amber). Not too fond of the body kit, but opinions are like... well, you know. =)
Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DavidRS4
Personally I like being able to stop faster first
With a BBK?

Quick Reply: Body Kit