Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Build date for #803081, no negotiating on Audi Care?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build date for #803081, no negotiating on Audi Care?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, can someone with access to this dealer information, please query stock# 803081, VIN: WAURFAFR0AA017701.

I'm curious about the build date, ship date, etc... I was told the car was in production back on 7/24 (with no changes possible), yet it didn't ship until recently. I understand the factory takes a break in August, but for comparison I also checked recently with another dealer and they claim an order now would arrive in December.

Also, the dealer will not budge on Audi Care. He claims it is a service item and cannot be discounted from $740. This is on top of being told the car would be here in early September, and now being told it will be here the week of 10/19.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ok only your selling dealer can access that information on the timeline on your car. Yes if you ordered a car now it wouldn't arrive till Decemeber maybe even January. Based on your VIN I'd say you're buying an A5 2.0T.
Audi care is $740 and has about $60 in mark up. 90% of dealers flat out won't discount it including myself. The fact the info has already been mentioned by some other forum member is the only reason I'm mentioning it. Your dealer would prefer it if you didn't buy it since they'll make more money when you pay for each service individually since Audi only pays about 70% on warranty services IE Audi Care. Or wait till Feb of 2010 when it will go up in price yet again.
Sorry if that came out as rude but seriously.....there's a reason he won't budge.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, A5 2.0T.

Good to know. From other posts I was under the impression dealers could look up stock #'s and see the build/ship timeline. From reading the forums, and reading your response - the general timeline is 3 months from order to delivery. Since my car was supposedly already being built when I put down the deposit, the fact it will take the full 3 months seems fishy.

Ok, so Audi Care won't be discounted, but why would the salesman lie and tell me it can't be discounted? At least be honest about it.

I have not had a good buying experience in the Northern Virginia/DC area - most won't negotiate or act clueless/rude when I came to them with their dealer name on 2 car buying services - listing a set price of 1k over invoice. I probably would have bought the car down in Raleigh if the salesman hadn't recommended I work with a local dealer.

I appreciate the info, some salesmen treat the internet/email as just a way to get the customer in the dealer to work them over. Amazing how different the responses were when I emailed 10 dealers.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I just try and be blunt and honest. Granted I have to with hold information sometimes but that's only so I can make a deal. If I told a client where a car was everytime I had to locate a car I wouldn't have a job or make enough to pay my bills.
Could just be his store's policy is not to discount and he might not know as much as some. Could be a newbie.
Other dealers can only see what status your car is in. So if it's sitting at port, on the boat, or at the factory, that's doable. Giving you timeline info is on your selling dealer.
If your car was in production status in July it should be at the dealer and ready for delivery. I don't have the ability to look it up so I can't tell you otherwise.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On my car, we settled on a price and then I played hardball and wanted free audicare. After a bit, they relented and gave it to me to seal the deal.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I was able to negotiate the AudiCare for free as well. The dealer couldn't/wouldn't budge on the $1k-over-invoice price, so I asked if he could throw in AudiCare for free and he agreed.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by flyfishing
On my car, we settled on a price and then I played hardball and wanted free audicare. After a bit, they relented and gave it to me to seal the deal.
On what car? S5? A5?, new order, or one on the lot already?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

new, on-the-lot s5. i believe my car was 2k under invoice also.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hef311,

I just took a quick look for you, and your car is currently at port. It will probably get there in the next week or so. Congrats and enjoy. Don't feel bad about the Audi Care thing, you got a great price on the car it seems, so you did good there.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@roccoman82

Do you mind checking commission # 799066 for me?
Thank you

Quick Reply: Build date for #803081, no negotiating on Audi Care?