Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

For the Cabriolet -- Which seats are the most comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default For the Cabriolet -- Which seats are the most comfortable?

I have a 2010 S5 Cabriolet with the neck warmer built into the seats. My wife (she has a 2007 A6) compains every time she rides in the Cab about the seats being too hard. In my next Cab which seats should I get so she won't complain (or at least not so much)?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a new wife and enjoy your 2010 S5 Cabriolet.

But seriously who drives the car? If it's your car it sounds like something she'll just have to get used to.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Please read the question. I didn't ask for advice about the wife. I asked about the seats. If you don't know or have an opinion about the seats, don't respond. If you wish to comment on wives, talk to your preacher.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My S5 Seats are awesome !!!

In my 6 month old S5 Cab. I have the S5 sports seats with Silk Nappa leather, 2 tone.
I have NEVER owned a car with such great seats. EVER. I'm 6'5" and can drive all day long, in fact I hate getting out of this baby.
Super supportive, comfortable, great adjustment range, the Silk Nappa leather is kind of amazing, it's ultra smooth, never shows any dirt or grime...........I mostly wear jeans or shorts, eat in the car once in a while, don't "baby" the seats at all.

I couldn't be more satisfied.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
Please read the question. I didn't ask for advice about the wife. I asked about the seats. If you don't know or have an opinion about the seats, don't respond. If you wish to comment on wives, talk to your preacher.
Calm down man, I'm pretty sure oohnoo was just being sarcastic...

As to the seats: I think that "comfort" is really just a personal preference. The standard sport seats seats (with one piece backs) have always been (S4, S5 coupe and cab) considered to have greater "holding" ability for having fun in the twisties, whereas the seats you have now (comfort package, which are more bolstered than the regular seats, more like those offered in the S-line A4, 5) were more for, well, comfort. With the neck warmers, seat ventilation and Milano leather they were not intended for sport as much as the standard sport seats. Also remember the comfort package is also available on the A5 Cab, so clearly they were meant for multiple applications between S and non-s models as opposed to the sport seats which are reserved for S only cars.

I know that doesn't really answer your question, but to me both are intended for different people/uses.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

PeterJay and veedubmac:

I appreciate both of your replies: informative and reasoned. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

prefer the sport seats.. regulars seem too bouncy or something
Old 10-21-2011, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read complaints about both comfort seats and sports seats. Personally, I prefer the sports seats as I think they are more supportive and cradles the occupants better, especially during cornering.

However, as I stated before, people have found flaws with both. So it is best that you and your wife test out cars equipped with sports seats and see which ones does she prefer. Considering sports seats are shared with S4's and all S5's, it shouldn't be too difficult for the dealer to find you one to try.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterJay
In my 6 month old S5 Cab. I have the S5 sports seats with Silk Nappa leather, 2 tone.
I have NEVER owned a car with such great seats. EVER. I'm 6'5" and can drive all day long, in fact I hate getting out of this baby.
Super supportive, comfortable, great adjustment range, the Silk Nappa leather is kind of amazing, it's ultra smooth, never shows any dirt or grime...........I mostly wear jeans or shorts, eat in the car once in a while, don't "baby" the seats at all.

I couldn't be more satisfied.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Ditto. I'm 5'9". Love the seats. They are the most comfortable ever.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2010 S5 Cabriolet with the neck warmer built into the seats. My wife (she has a 2007 A6) compains every time she rides in the Cab about the seats being too hard. In my next Cab which seats should I get so she won't complain (or at least not so much)?
The seats in a BMW. I hear their seats are like butter.

Originally Posted by oohnoo
Get a new wife and enjoy your 2010 S5 Cabriolet.

But seriously who drives the car? If it's your car it sounds like something she'll just have to get used to.
werd.

Jeebus - get over yourself. This is the Interwebs and you've been on here since '05. One would think you'd have a thicker skin when it comes to posting your personal issues on the WWW.

Preacher? WTF?

Quick Reply: For the Cabriolet -- Which seats are the most comfortable?