Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Clutch pedal/no start issue, another perspective

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 10:24 AM
XS
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal/no start issue, another perspective

Hey all, as much as I absolutely LOVE my 2012 S5, I'm exhausted, and a fair bit poorer, after trying to solve the aforementioned problem.

Here's where I'm at:
New clutch and throw-out bearing
Bled the system, no change.
Replaced the clutch master cylinder, no change.

The car drives absolutely as well as it did on day one, but I have to BURY the clutch pedal to get the starter to fire. When I hit the start button, everything I'd expect to happen, happens, but no start signal. Press the clutch as if I'm attempting to drive my foot through the firewall, and it starts just fine. When it doesn't start, I don't get the "depress clutch to start" warning, so I'm pretty sure at least that sensor/switch is working.

I have a VAGCOM: Does anyone know enough about the start interlock system to point me in the right direction so I can use the VAGCOM to read which switches are making, or not, so I can finally figure this one out?

Thanks in advance for anything you have to offer!
Old 05-05-2024, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Any resolution to this?

Originally Posted by XS
Hey all, as much as I absolutely LOVE my 2012 S5, I'm exhausted, and a fair bit poorer, after trying to solve the aforementioned problem.

Here's where I'm at:
New clutch and throw-out bearing
Bled the system, no change.
Replaced the clutch master cylinder, no change.

The car drives absolutely as well as it did on day one, but I have to BURY the clutch pedal to get the starter to fire. When I hit the start button, everything I'd expect to happen, happens, but no start signal. Press the clutch as if I'm attempting to drive my foot through the firewall, and it starts just fine. When it doesn't start, I don't get the "depress clutch to start" warning, so I'm pretty sure at least that sensor/switch is working.

I have a VAGCOM: Does anyone know enough about the start interlock system to point me in the right direction so I can use the VAGCOM to read which switches are making, or not, so I can finally figure this one out?

Thanks in advance for anything you have to offer!
have you received any resolution on this
Old 06-01-2024, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Craigwall09
have you received any resolution on this
This might help https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/43370/
Old 06-17-2024, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Push to Start Issue? Official Extended Slave Cylinder Thread (aka Ghetto Spacer Fix) (audizine.com)