Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Dealer offers to buy my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer offers to buy my car

Just got an Audi letter in mail in which my local Audi dealer is offering me between $29K-$33K or even more upon a quick inspection.They are telling me there is a huge demand for my vehicle and if i may be interested in selling it to them. They also state that I don't necessarily need to purchase a new one. Should I trust this? or if this another marketing strategy they do at dealers. I have owned several cars in the past and never received such letter. Truth is I keep my car in pristine condition and they do know about it, don't even have a single scratch on it. I don't have a selling need at this time but I am just shocked at the resale value on this vehicle. I wonder though.. if there is a huge demand why don't they just order more?? I am guessing I could get close to $40K in private sale, what do you all think?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuzmanA5
Just got an Audi letter in mail in which my local Audi dealer is offering me between $29K-$33K or even more upon a quick inspection.They are telling me there is a huge demand for my vehicle and if i may be interested in selling it to them. They also state that I don't necessarily need to purchase a new one. Should I trust this? or if this another marketing strategy they do at dealers. I have owned several cars in the past and never received such letter. Truth is I keep my car in pristine condition and they do know about it, don't even have a single scratch on it. I don't have a selling need at this time but I am just shocked at the resale value on this vehicle. I wonder though.. if there is a huge demand why don't they just order more?? I am guessing I could get close to $40K in private sale, what do you all think?
Sounds about right. You are not going to get $40k selling privately. My 2009 A4 3.2 has prestige pack, ADS, side assist, B&O with 28k miles and the dealer is giving me $30k. The buyout is $27k come this November. The car was a little over $50k 2.5 years ago.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sounds about right, the dealer knows they can sell it and make a few thousand dollars.... also if a dealer can order more then they would, they are restricted to allocation.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I got the exact same kind of letter from my Acura dealer when I had a TL....it's a marketing thing....
Old 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Go figure...they get rid of the 3.2 and sell only the 2.0T and now they have demand for the V6 again...
Old 04-05-2011, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by u080570
I got the exact same kind of letter from my Acura dealer when I had a TL....it's a marketing thing....
I also got the same letter from Acura for a TL.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by veedubmac
Go figure...they get rid of the 3.2 and sell only the 2.0T and now they have demand for the V6 again...
it has nothing to do with the engine. supply is low on new ones, so pre owned ones are holding a very high value
Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

They also sent me a letter to inform me my 45,000 mile maintenance is due according to their records, I don't even have 38,000miles. Veedumac, it may possible that there is really demand for V6 or a medium choice in A5/S5 line up. gd10 is also right, most dealers are restricted to orders. tgdA4 I can believe you paid over $50k for an A4. $35K for my A5 after 3 years would be quite a pay.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

*can't
Old 04-06-2011, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They also sent me a letter to inform me my 45,000 mile maintenance is due according to their records, I don't even have 38,000miles. Veedumac, it may possible that there is really demand for V6 or a medium choice in A5/S5 line up. gd10 is also right, most dealers are restricted to orders. tgdA4 I can believe you paid over $50k for an A4. $35K for my A5 after 3 years would be quite a pay.
Why can't you believe it? How much did you pay for your 3.2?

Quick Reply: Dealer offers to buy my car