Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Dealer offers to buy my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gd10
i guess the inventory down south is better, but here in the northeast dealers are lucky to have a few in stock.
I live in the northeast (NY) and there doesn't seem to be a supply issue from what I've seen. There are plenty of 3.2 A5s coming off lease that go right to the used car lot.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beakerz
I live in the northeast (NY) and there doesn't seem to be a supply issue from what I've seen. There are plenty of 3.2 A5s coming off lease that go right to the used car lot.
new cars, not used.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gd10
new cars, not used.
Are you even listening to your own logic/words? You made the statement that the lack of new ones is driving up the price/value of the used ones. And then I said there is no lack of used ones on the market in my area.

And in most cases, buyers in the market for a new car will not consider a used car. So it's an apple/oranges comparison. But in any case, if there is a decent supply of used ones on the market (in this case, off-lease vehicles), then it doesn't do anything to help the value of your used car.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgdA4
So why is a loaded A4 3.2 at $50k unbelievable?
I just cant think of anyone paying over $50K for an A4, I would pay as much for an S4 maybe or get the A5 like I did, but an A4??
Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GuzmanA5
I just cant think of anyone paying over $50K for an A4, I would pay as much for an S4 maybe or get the A5 like I did, but an A4??
S4 wasn't available at the time, which I would have gotten. To me the 3.2 A4 and A5 are comparable in class/status, so $56k on an A5 seems even more unbelievable using your logic. Why not get the S5 at that price?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

S4 wasn't available at the time, which I would have gotten. To me the 3.2 A4 and A5 are comparable in class/status, so $56k on an A5 seems even more unbelievable using your logic. Why not get the S5 at that price?
A4 cant possibly compare to A5, A4 is just an ordinary vehicle, there are tons of those out there. A5/S5 are the ones with the beauty, class, status and so far limited quantities which makes them very desired. I have a full equipped A5 that is not so far from S5 performance yet it returns +30mpg and saved me over $15K an S5 prestige would have cost plus an hefty gas guzzler tax. You certainly could have gotten an A5 like mine yourself.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

A4 cant possibly compare to A5, A4 is just an ordinary vehicle, there are tons of those out there. A5/S5 are the ones with the beauty, class, status and so far limited quantities which makes them very desired. I have a full equipped A5 that is not so far from S5 performance yet it returns +30mpg and saved me over $15K an S5 prestige would have cost plus an hefty gas guzzler tax. You certainly could have gotten an A5 like mine yourself.
I agree the A5 looks better and there are less on the road, but that doesn't mean anything with pricing. One is a sedan, one is a coupe and they are priced similar because they are similar in class/status. My point is we both bought loaded 3.2's and are at the top end of the price range for the respective cars. Everything else is subjective.

It's like saying a $50k 335i coupe is worth it, but a 335i sedan makes no sense.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree the A5 looks better and there are less on the road, but that doesn't mean anything with pricing. One is a sedan, one is a coupe and they are priced similar because they are similar in class/status. My point is we both bought loaded 3.2's and are at the top end of the price range for the respective cars. Everything else is subjective.

It's like saying a $50k 335i coupe is worth it, but a 335i sedan makes no sense.
Yes, we both loaded our vehicles but a BMW 335Cic and BMW 335i are same 3-series models. A4 and A5 are two totally different vehicles, different style, different segments, different class and as a result... different status. Your point would make more sense if there was an A4 sedan and A4 coupe but there is no such a thing. A4 is an A4 in one form and shape only, a sedan. If you step up there is A5 then, then you have an A6, A7, A8 and so on.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, we both loaded our vehicles but a BMW 335Cic and BMW 335i are same 3-series models. A4 and A5 are two totally different vehicles, different style, different segments, different class and as a result... different status. Your point would make more sense if there was an A4 sedan and A4 coupe but there is no such a thing. A4 is an A4 in one form and shape only, a sedan. If you step up there is A5 then, then you have an A6, A7, A8 and so on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A5

"It is the coupé and cabriolet versions of the fourth generation (B8) Audi A4 saloon and estate models."

"For the fourth generation A4 (B8), Audi decided to spin off the cabriolet and new coupé into a nameplate of its own as the A5."

Let's agree to disagree at this point. I got an S5 coming next week anyway

Last edited by tgdA4; 04-10-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A5

"It is the coupé and cabriolet versions of the fourth generation (B8) Audi A4 saloon and estate models."

"For the fourth generation A4 (B8), Audi decided to spin off the cabriolet and new coupé into a nameplate of its own as the A5."

Let's agree to disagree at this point. I got an S5 coming next week anyway
Wikipedia is a totally unreliable source, there is no way or official statement in which an A5 is the coupe version of an A4. When you get your S5 you let us know how similar it is with your A4. A5/S5 model/segment is far from an A4. A co-worker of mine has an 2010 A4 and they are very different vehicles, is like comparing a 550i and say that the 650i is the coupe of the 5-Series bmw. Well.. you find out when you get your hearty V8, congrats on that one!

Quick Reply: Dealer offers to buy my car