Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Drove the first RS5 in Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g-force
out of 6 dealers I posed the offer to 3 accepted at $1000
OFF MSRP
And these WERE LA area dealers.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Riskbreaker
If I place an order and wait, I should be able to get close to MSRP correct?
If you search around and play your cards right, I'm sure you can. Keep in mind the order will take ~4 months

The only problem is finding a dealer that will work with you and be honest. As you already know the GM of Auto Gallery... why not give them a call and work out a deal for you? You're not going to flee the state for your next audi... so build up some loyalty with them

Also, who knows if Audi will give more allocation for the RS? It's a guessing game at this point.. some dealers say theyll get more, others say no more. No one really knows
Old 07-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And these WERE LA area dealers.
Could they guarantee you a factory order bank slot? Or were they going to keep you hanging out in IS order bank with no build date in sight

I really dont think they were being honest, dealers in the middle of USA arent even giving off MSRP.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here and as the weeks go by and the enthusiasts start to thin out, then they will work with their customers. Any dealer that is charging more than MSRP is just being greedy. There is more than enough profit already factored into MSRP. No reason for them to take a customer for $10,000 dollars. Anyone here that has an Audi can get something off the car with the Audi loyalty incentive alone, no reason to EVER pay MSRP. Not like the economy is suddenly doing awesome or anything...

out of 6 dealers I posed the offer to 3 accepted at $1000
OFF MSRP

Last edited by Quattrings; 07-22-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am not sure if it is the first in the Western USA, only because I took delivery of my own RS5 on July 18. It is Daytona Gray and it is a monster.

Here's my situation, in reading through this forum I think it's a bit unusual.

1. This is the first new car I have ever owned.

2. This is the first AUDI I have ever owned.

3. This is the first coupe I have ever owned.

I've always had used cars from when I left college: VW Rabbit, VW Jetta, Vanagon, Passat, and most recently a Phaeton. Finally just decided it was time to go big or go home.

I had test driven the S5 and decided I wanted one, badly. But I didn't want a black one. So I began calling every Audi dealer in Washington and Oregon. I asked about other colors of S5's coming in. Usually they had one black S5 in stock and others en route. Every time asked jokingly "hey do you have any RS5's in stock?" and they all said that they had 12-20 orders and people were waiting 6-9 months.

Well, one place I called said "Actually we had one come in today, and the customer isn't going to take it..." I guess he had a bunch of life changes or something. So I asked, well, is the car spoken for? The salesman said no, and I couriered over a check for $1000 and went over and bought it the next day, driving it home on Wednesday.

Pretty crazy. I guess I jumped the queue. I sort of feel sorry for the people waiting in line behind me - perhaps they ordered the very same car and could have had it earlier. Hmm. Can't think about that now. Oh by the way I paid 78K. After trading in my 2004 Phaeton I got precisely my tax and licensing fees in return, so my total cost was...78K.

The only thing I am sort of worried about is that it has been 5 days and I haven't taken it to get the film put on the front for nicks and dents. or the windshield protection. I need to find a place in Seattle that is cheaper than the ridiculous cost at the dealer. Hopefully I'm not leaving it too late.

I have driven it softly up to this point, and will give a much bigger review soon. I have a track day with my M3 buddy on Aug 22 which will be revealing. My only complaint is that in Washington you need a front license plate, which detracts from the pure menacing magic of the front grill of the RS5.

All in all, I think I got lucky, and now have an amazing first new car. One photo attached.

More soon.
Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the purchase! Definitely a stroke of luck to grab the car the way you did.

There are a few floating around the LA area but none of them matched the specs I wanted, so I chose to wait it out

Regarding the front plate, I dont know WA law but you can get away with it in CA (required here too). It all depends on luck I suppose.

Enjoy your new Audi
Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by endless5
Could they guarantee you a factory order bank slot? Or were they going to keep you hanging out in IS order bank with no build date in sight

I really dont think they were being honest, dealers in the middle of USA arent even giving off MSRP.
yes got build slot a one(late aug build) at thou off cancelled it
for car that is on boat. one thou off is out there
believe me.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Does anyone know the money factor and residual rates going for the RS5 US sales?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not keen on the red without the alu-optic package.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by isaunders501
The only thing I am sort of worried about is that it has been 5 days and I haven't taken it to get the film put on the front for nicks and dents. or the windshield protection. I need to find a place in Seattle that is cheaper than the ridiculous cost at the dealer.
Northwest Auto Salon did a great job on clear bra for me. Honestly, I'm not sure how the price stacks up to what the dealer offered, because I didn't ask the dealer. The dealer is almost surely not the place to go for the best quality work. It was more important to me to have it done right than cheaply. On a $78k car, I think it's worth paying to have the job done right.

Quick Reply: Drove the first RS5 in Southern California