Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Drove the first RS5 in Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waiting time for RS 5

I put a deposit an RS 5 a few weeks ago but the dealer I am with only has a committed allocation of one car and mine is the second order. They tell me that mine should go into production once the first one is actually paid for which they say is about 9/1. If that is the case mine should arrive around December. Other dealers told me that Audi was only building enough for the first allocation and I would probably have to wait for the 2014 model year. I can wait a few months but I will not wait for a year (I can get a less than 5K miles 2012 BMW 650xi now for virtually the same price as a new RS 5).
Does anyone know the truth about the 2013 RS 5 production plans and statistics?
Old 07-28-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. That package is a must on Misano, and just about every color other than Prism Silver or White. Definitely is *THE* Signature styling component for an *RS* and sure to let even a casual bystander know the car is something special.

Originally Posted by mssurrey
Not keen on the red without the alu-optic package.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Saw the car in panther black crystal today and it totally blew me away. The titanium package does not belong on this car -- it looks like a total beast in black with the silver mirrors, silver trim and silver wheels. I'm in love.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be a nice combo, definitely mean looking - I've always been partial to the S5 (and RS5) in shades of black. If only I could justify taking on the full time job of keeping it clean.

Originally Posted by Riskbreaker
Saw the car in panther black crystal today and it totally blew me away. The titanium package does not belong on this car -- it looks like a total beast in black with the silver mirrors, silver trim and silver wheels. I'm in love.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

getting this color. how does it compare with just
plain panther black? I din.t do titanium pkg.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which dealership? Always wanted to see panther in person
Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by isaunders501
I am not sure if it is the first in the Western USA, only because I took delivery of my own RS5 on July 18. It is Daytona Gray and it is a monster.

Here's my situation, in reading through this forum I think it's a bit unusual.

1. This is the first new car I have ever owned.

2. This is the first AUDI I have ever owned.

3. This is the first coupe I have ever owned.

I've always had used cars from when I left college: VW Rabbit, VW Jetta, Vanagon, Passat, and most recently a Phaeton. Finally just decided it was time to go big or go home.

I had test driven the S5 and decided I wanted one, badly. But I didn't want a black one. So I began calling every Audi dealer in Washington and Oregon. I asked about other colors of S5's coming in. Usually they had one black S5 in stock and others en route. Every time asked jokingly "hey do you have any RS5's in stock?" and they all said that they had 12-20 orders and people were waiting 6-9 months.

Well, one place I called said "Actually we had one come in today, and the customer isn't going to take it..." I guess he had a bunch of life changes or something. So I asked, well, is the car spoken for? The salesman said no, and I couriered over a check for $1000 and went over and bought it the next day, driving it home on Wednesday.

Pretty crazy. I guess I jumped the queue. I sort of feel sorry for the people waiting in line behind me - perhaps they ordered the very same car and could have had it earlier. Hmm. Can't think about that now. Oh by the way I paid 78K. After trading in my 2004 Phaeton I got precisely my tax and licensing fees in return, so my total cost was...78K.

The only thing I am sort of worried about is that it has been 5 days and I haven't taken it to get the film put on the front for nicks and dents. or the windshield protection. I need to find a place in Seattle that is cheaper than the ridiculous cost at the dealer. Hopefully I'm not leaving it too late.

I have driven it softly up to this point, and will give a much bigger review soon. I have a track day with my M3 buddy on Aug 22 which will be revealing. My only complaint is that in Washington you need a front license plate, which detracts from the pure menacing magic of the front grill of the RS5.

All in all, I think I got lucky, and now have an amazing first new car. One photo attached.

More soon.
The windshields on the B8 series of Audis to put it nicely, suck. I'm on my second one and I have a big chip dead center and lots of pock marks all over.

I'm definitely getting clear bra and windshield protection on my S3 Sedan.

Congrats on your first New Car and Audi - I'm in the same boat with my A4.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If anyone wants a Suzuka gray rs5, there is one that just got delivered to the dealer lot @ keyes audi in van nuys.

give them a call @ speak to Greg Arouchanov
818- 922-0500
Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

cant edit posts.... here are the specs

Model Year: 2013
Model: 8T35XY RS 5 4.2 COUPE QUATTRO S TRONIC
Exterior Color: M1M1 SUZUKA GRAY METALLIC
Interior Color: UB BLACK
Options: 0P6 SPORTS EXHAUST SYSTEM W/ BLACK FINISHERS
5MD ALUMINUM RACE INLAYS
6W9 WITHOUT FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
9ZW AUDI CONNECT
AMI IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE - NO CHARGE
PNY AUDI MMI NAVIGATION PLUS PACKAGE
PSC TITANIUM PACKAGE
Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great review. Thanks! And good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply: Drove the first RS5 in Southern California