Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Dual exhaust on the '13 A5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual exhaust on the '13 A5?

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums and hopefully a future Audi owner. I am debating on pre-ordering the A5 or the S5 knowing the practical side of me keeps saying the A5. I came across the attached picture of a 2013 A5 and saw the dual exhaust, so I was wondering if they changed the location on the new model to be on both sides of the car instead of just the left side? Is anyone able to confirm? Going to from a G37-S I like the split dual exhaust look and maybe it will help make my rational decision a little easier.

As a side question, what kind of gas mileage are you looking at on your A5's?

Looking forward to your responses and hope to be a part of the "family" by the end of this Summer!
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

The picture you posted is most likely not a U.S. spec car. If you're in the U.S. and you get an A5, it will have two exhaust tips on the left side of the car. But it's easy to swap to a dual exhaust if that's what you want. You have the choice of dual (single tips each side) or dual with quad tips.

Oh...forgot to say: The A5 Cab still comes with dual tips on each side.

I believe the fuel economy ratings for the A5 are 21 city and 31 highway. From what I've seen, it's easy to actually beat those numbers if you make a reasonable attempt to stay out of the boost.

Last edited by Beakerz; 04-16-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply!

Isn't the rear bumper cut out for the two tip left side exhaust? Would that be hard to modify to get the dual installed?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDarp
Thanks for the reply!

Isn't the rear bumper cut out for the two tip left side exhaust? Would that be hard to modify to get the dual installed?
No it wouldn't be hard. All you need to do is replace the single side exhaust real valence with a dual exhaust valence. They are interchangeable.

By the way, the car pictured above comes with dual exhaust because it's a 3.0TDI.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info Monza!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

You also need to add the heat shield to the passenger side exhaust cavity when you go dual exhaust routing on the coupe. At least the cavity itself is there and as cited you need a dual-route valence.

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
No it wouldn't be hard. All you need to do is replace the single side exhaust real valence with a dual exhaust valence. They are interchangeable.

By the way, the car pictured above comes with dual exhaust because it's a 3.0TDI.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My mileage has been good - 23 in town and 28 to 30 on highway.
I drive surface streets and hwy to work. Long highway trips are at 70+ mph.
I have 6k miles now, and am very happy with the A5.

Mike
Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDarp
Thanks for the reply!

Here's an example of what another 2.0T owner did recently. He's using the AWE dual tip exhaust system with the 3.2L rear valence. I love the way the 90mm tips fit inside the openings. Seems to be a perfect fit...not too small and not too big.

Name:  AWEdual.jpg
Views: 5869
Size:  206.0 KB
Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all of the info everyone! I see everyone here is much friendlier then that last few forums(non audi) that I've been to.

Beakerz - I am unable to see the pic you were mentioning. Please repost.

Getting excited to put my order in.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

forget practical dude, get the S5

I was going to get an A5. my fiancee was trying to convince me to get a 4-door (she has dogs, and of course once kids come into play). I didn't like the A5 so I looked into an S4.

Went on a test drive thinking I won't really need all that extra engine. Boy was I wrong. A5 still feels like a normal car. S4 goes flying the second I tap the gas, without RPMS even breaking 3k. Ordered an S4. That engine is amazing.

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust on the '13 A5?