Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Dual exhaust on the '13 A5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great.. I just talked myself into getting a fully loaded A5.
I'm trying to put MPG first this time. I know I'll miss the power from the G37. But I like having options and adding all that stuff in an S5 will sky rocket the price. Wish I could see some numbers..

You're killing me waffles.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

http://www.fuelly.com/

look up real numbers. A5 owner's aren't getting 30+ unless it's all highway. comes out to a few extra bucks in gas, really.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDarp
I'm trying to put MPG first this time. I know I'll miss the power from the G37. But I like having options and adding all that stuff in an S5 will sky rocket the price. Wish I could see some numbers..

get an S4 instead then with B&O, Nav, Advanced key, Rear diff, comes out to about 54-55k

S5 is more than I want to spend as well
Old 04-17-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a G37 Sport with a 6-speed manual transmission before I got my A5. The difference is power between the two cars is only noticeable near redline. The A5 makes much more low end torque in the lower RPMs than the G37, which is where we all spend the most of our driving time. So from the seat-of-your-pants, the A5 will feel faster than it actually is because it makes so much torque in the lower rpm band.

And if you're really worried about performance, just get a tune on the A5 and you'll be smoking the G37 while still getting good fuel economy most of the time.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, if you want an S, definitely get an S5, not an S4. The 4-door car doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the A5/S5 coupe. Kinda like how the G37 coupe looks so much better than the G37 sedan.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Beakerz
I had a G37 Sport with a 6-speed manual transmission before I got my A5. The difference is power between the two cars is only noticeable near redline. The A5 makes much more low end torque in the lower RPMs than the G37, which is where we all spend the most of our driving time. So from the seat-of-your-pants, the A5 will feel faster than it actually is because it makes so much torque in the lower rpm band.

And if you're really worried about performance, just get a tune on the A5 and you'll be smoking the G37 while still getting good fuel economy most of the time.
My Sport is a 6-speed manual as well so it's good to hear from someone that was in a similar situation. I think I'm going to stick with the A5 and tune it.

Hopefully I can order from my dealership soon.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

'10 A5 2.0T auto is averaging a steady 30.7mpg 60% highway 40% city
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor

SuperSprint has one of the few Audi A4/A5 2.0T quad conversion kit.

Modular system Oversize 2 x Ø54mm - Left/Right exits
Fits the 2.0TFSi and 3.2 FSi
  • Center resonated pipe
  • Center race Pipe
  • Sport mufflers 2x100mm
  • Sport mufflers 2x145x95mm* bumper needs to be trimmed
  • Sport mufflers 4x90x70mm** requires S4 bumper

Pricing:
Send us a PM for pricing.

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums and hopefully a future Audi owner. I am debating on pre-ordering the A5 or the S5 knowing the practical side of me keeps saying the A5. I came across the attached picture of a 2013 A5 and saw the dual exhaust, so I was wondering if they changed the location on the new model to be on both sides of the car instead of just the left side? Is anyone able to confirm? Going to from a G37-S I like the split dual exhaust look and maybe it will help make my rational decision a little easier.

As a side question, what kind of gas mileage are you looking at on your A5's?

Looking forward to your responses and hope to be a part of the "family" by the end of this Summer!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice! I appreciate the exhaust pics.
Obviously have to wait until the car arrives but I will contact you about pricing on the above.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 AM
DHH
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2012 A5 Cab came standard with dual exhausts. Is the coupe different?

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust on the '13 A5?